Chatsounds DarkRP

Dear Facepunch users.

I have been trying to add custom chatsounds to my darkrp for a long time and everytime it never works. So I was wondering if anyone could explain how to add them.

Thanks
DEAD KARL

What do you mean “custom chatsounds”. Where did you get it, and what’s it called?

There’s always these.

When you type in a word in darkRP it plays a sound file, such as:

When an individual says “yes” it plays a sound file which says “yeah”

I don’t understand your question. You want it enabled or disabled?

Go to DarkRP/gamemode/modules/chatsounds.lua
^^
Then do:

sounds[ "CHATMESSAGE THAT TRIGGERS SOUND" ] = { "vo/npc/male01/squad_approach04.wav" } --the directory to sound file

Thanks extra.game I have tried that in the past but will try it again. :slight_smile:

[editline]7th September 2014[/editline]

And is the best place to put it in the sound folder in Darkrp?

What do you mean?

I have tried a line of code like that before in the past for adding custom chatsounds, but it didn’t work.

Ok I tried the line of code and it didn’t work, any other ideas?

I think growing a brain could be an option. It’s not a hard thing to do, seriously

Shut up you, I have tried this tons and it doesn’t work. I come for help not criticism. So either answer my question and stop being a smart ass or just don’t answer it. I came looking for an answer to my question, not smart ass answers.

Alright, ‘smartass’, here’s how you can get some help from this forum:
Instead of saying “it doesnt work”, be slightly more specific, which means: explain what the fuck you’re doing, what gibberish you spew into your console or lua files and whatever. Check your console for Lua errors and whatnot, and lastly, appreciate the fucking help you’re getting instead of “i don’t want your criticism!!! i want working code but I don’t want to bother for it!!!”

Alright:

1. I am grateful and most people here are great and really useful.
  2. Earlier I had explained more in depth, so read that you ass.
  3. I would of displayed Lua errors if there was any, but there isn’t.
  4. Shut up you smart ass.

Yeah, really in-depth explanation to what is working and what is not working.

Before that.

Where is that detailed explanation of what you tried, what you placed in which file, and what you did in-game etc, because obviously I am missing that descriptive post.

"Dear Facepunch users.

I have been trying to add custom chatsounds to my darkrp for a long time and everytime it never works. So I was wondering if anyone could explain how to add them.

Thanks
DEAD KARL "

Step 1:
Go to addons/darkrp_config/settings.lua and make sure

(Line 29) - GM.Config.chatsounds = true

Step 2:
Go to gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/chatsounds.lua and add all the sounds you want

Step 3:
Make sure the sound you’re trying to play exists (You shouldn’t get a red message: “error missing file” in console)

If you’d like to add custom sounds, you can put them in gamemodes/darkrp/content/sounds, but be sure to also add them to your FastDL.

Just checked sourcecode, didn’t try myself.

Ok, thank you.