Cinema Gamemode

Cinema Gamemode

Probably the most peaceful gamemode that Gmod has. Where people just get together to promise and watch movies (youtube memes) in a social circle.
But now it’s time to move it and s&box.
And in view of the new scale in the new format.

Main Planned Features are very simple:
Theaters (I wonder how it’s doing with video format support and how stable the framework is at the moment)
Advance model editor (skin/animations/etc)
Event (sandbox) zones
Also, expand the map auto event with mini-games
VR/Non-VR (VRchathello)

Team:
Kioshka (Design,Mapping)
Octaver (Mapping, Coding)
Nova (Coding)
Tristan885 (Coding)

Links:
[ET cinema] (Steam Community :: Group :: Equestria Team)
[KNAB Cinema] (Steam Community :: Group :: Die Hutknabbrer Gang)
Also ours workshops pages

Current Status:
Map development is underway (so far only in HL:A) because nokeys ¯\(ツ)
HTML part (much video services support is already done)

20 Likes

@Kioshka
what links will be possible in this gamemode (planned)? :smiley:
https://www.youtube.com/ for sure or? :smiley:

feels like vr chat :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

@D4KiR youtube/twitch/soundcloud/vk/Archive.org/ Daily Motion/Vimeo/Google Drive/Dropbox
Also direct link from any host, since we can use FMPEG to get video thumbs and length.

5 Likes

I also stayed in the habit of using dev textures for map prototyping, gray for floors/ceilings and orange for walls. I just use the default material now, too lazy to change it.

4 Likes

Food :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

This is pretty cool!

4 Likes

Looks fun. Clean map!

4 Likes

I did a lot of development for cinema in gmod, there’s going to be a few issues with porting it to s&box in sandbox’s current iteration. I don’t believe there’s currently a proper browser integrated into the game that can be controlled via C# and the whitelist likely prevents loading CEF# in yourself. I would love to see this game-mode take off again, but it’s going to need quite a bit of work to re-code it for C# and a large part of the community has already moved to VR Chat. If you want to collaborate on trying to get cinema re-coded if one of us gets a key I would be interested in that, but it’s going to be a challenge.

4 Likes

I’m glad someone has chipped with reintroducing this gamemode, I feel like others would have easily slapped this away but it is a pretty laid-back gamemode.

Looking forward to it.

4 Likes

Peaceful? I’ve been shanked by furries on cinema servers.

5 Likes

oh god yea swamp cinema is a wild place

4 Likes

I always thought this gamemode should be more popular. With the popularity of react videos, twitch chat and twitch watch parties one would assume that people enjoy company when watching stuff.

3 Likes

Will be interesting to see this clash with VRC. Although VRC these days is becoming a VR version of S&Box as well.

4 Likes

Would be cool if you guys implemented a function that allows you to upload srt files for subtitles.
It would make international entertainment possible to watch as a group.

1 Like

Will be watching, be looking forward to see what you can do.
Good Luck.

2 Likes

Personally I find cinema gamemodes to be a bit too laidback, not just in how it plays but just in general really. However I can definetaly see the appeal it has be it on Gmod and ESPECIALLY on VRChat, it’s a very social gamemode with no end goals other than to bring people together to watch stuff, and to have fun chats with each other! All of which I fully respect.

Though I’m unsure how much attention this will get on S&Box, either way I hope for the best on your endeavors!

1 Like

This sounds cool

1 Like

Very nice.
Let’s see what it happens.

1 Like

Map looks great; I hope those high-detail meshes are properly excluded from VIS.

1 Like