Citizen Outfits & Clothing

Garry recently posted the files to the citizen model and people have already started modifying and making clothing/outfits for the little guys. Post what you’ve created.

You can get the files here: https://t.co/G0Uvf35tbF

Little Elf

Phoenix

3 Likes

Give them hair! We need hair

1 Like

I’m glad I started to make a horrible base, I feel like this is what instantiated Garry to give us the base.

Anyways, here is what I’ve been working on! Good old stylized Isaac Kleiner.
Still needs some UV work and weight painting done, but overall I’m happy with the design!
hopefully when I bring it into source 2 I’ll rig up the coat and add some cloth physics goodies.

19 Likes

That is fucking awesome

1 Like

Has anyone looked into how well cloth physics would work on a server? It’s a really fuckin cool concept, buuuuut I feel like it would be rather taxing on the network

1 Like

I would think it would be a client effect, your right it would be horrible to sync.

2 Likes

That was my thought as well, keep that clientside and all would be good. Just thinking how cool it would be in VR to move your arms/everything and have your clothes be all physicsy

1 Like

I’d love to see entire gamemodes using these. I mean, they’re a blank model where you can add anything you want. A sort of deathmatch style gamemode? Give them helmets and armour. A darkrp thing if someone ever decides to make that shit again? Police uniforms

1 Like

This model looks like it’s gonna lend itself great for the original animal himself FATHER GRIGORI

Very nice stuff both of you

1 Like

Awfully nice of Garry to also include the vgraphs, I don’t suppose these will be the final versions since strafing seems to be missing but it’s appreciated.

2 Likes

More progress, I figured out how to get the clothing to follow the in game armature.

Now I need to work on weight painting so he doesn’t look as much as a disgruntled grandpa.

7 Likes

Ayo what? How do I open it with modeldoc, I am pretty sure I have the latest version since the game is completely updated, does Garry have some sort of future version that valve gifted him or something?

2 Likes

Orr he modified it himself XD

1 Like

For some nightmare fuel don’t open it in 3D Viewer!

2 Likes

That looks amazing!

1 Like

He has the actual source 2 code and probably newer unreleased versions of the model doc.

1 Like

Figured that out the hard way at 1 AM today

3 Likes

If grigori doesn’t get made I"ll keep making him do fortnite dances

4 Likes

This is fucking great. Do you have a ko-fi? I’m willing to throw $5 just for witnessing this.

2 Likes

Hair!!

2 Likes