Civil War Soldiers

I need some Civil War models for an upcoming Garry’s Mod RP server. Just, if possible, make a grey and blue version of each model with the respective flag (union flag on blue, confederate on grey) and port or whatever you guys do the HL2 heads onto them.

I’ll see if I can come up with something simple but decent looking. You’ll have to ask someone to get rid of the German’s gear from the DoD model. I’m going to be using that btw.

Thanks. I believe it was you who made/ported/whatever those National Guard models. If so, those models are awesome.

Original textures are from Triskex and Wile E Coyote’s German soldier retexture. I just recolored them and added the “US” and “CSA” belt buckles as well as the bearded faces.

Also yes that was me, Taggart, and LT_C.

Here’s what I’ve got done so far.

Think you could add a hat to them possibly, and headhack or whatever it’s called the HL2 models onto them? Not just the white males, but black males, and white/black females. They could be useful along the way.

A black woman fighting for the Confederacy? Madness!

No, too much of a pain in the ass and I’d have to resize the cap for every single head. I’ll just make some white/black faces for the current head.

EDIT: I might put hats on the citizen heads but we’ll see. Right now I’m just going to make a generic soldier guy.

Pretty badass Rusty.

Lookin nice.

wow, these are sick as fuck

Honestly, while they are very nice and all but look nothing like civil war uniforms. I’m going to see if I can hack together a model resembling the uniform tomorrow.

If you think you can do better that’s fine.

Maybe Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood models?

Yeah those would actually be perfect. If you can find someone to port them over.

Dunno, but I have the game so 'm probably able to rip the shit out of the game.

No matter what you do, by natural law they’ll be better than these http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=108639

Update:

Oh gawd, I could totally use these. Do you plan on releasing them publicly?

Yeah

I don’t think civil war uniforms had front pockets. It might be worth removing those.

Well, not those kind of pockets, ad definitely no breast pockets.