CivitasRP - A realistic roleplay framework for S&box

The focus is to get best of both worlds. Gamey mechanics of Arma 3 Life and Roleplay of FiveM. Basically you can have the hardcore RP while actually having a gamemode where the things you do are real(as in not just imagined for the sake of RP). It’s definetely a balance we’ll have to think alot about.

For the phones/computers it was mostly to force companies and police etc to invest in better laptops because they have to. Idea for example is that to install the DMV Registry App and Police DB App you need X amount of space, and that isn’t available on the worse models which means police have to get the more advanced ones, thus forcing progression. Same for companies etc. Won’t be focused on phones too much(phones will probably mostly be about screen size/shape) as I believe most people should have access to most features always.

2 Likes

Looking pretty good so far. For your map, are you thinking city only, or something similar to GTA, with long freeways and open areas between cities/towns? (Assuming the current limits are lifted)

1 Like

The ideal map would definitely be something in the feeling of GTA with open landscapes, forests and freeways but we’ll have to wait and see when it comes to what scale is fesible. The limits are not only the limit in source but also developer time/skill, but I think general we’ll aim to create as big of a map as possible.

2 Likes

Mini Developer Update 2021-04-19

Did some work on Main Menu UI. Uses nearly exclusively css/html to be easy to port once I get S&box access.

Opinions?

6 Likes

Not bad at all! Can’t wait to see more.

1 Like

Really good visual! Good job!

For the port aspect, it seems that not every CSS feature would be implemented. However, we already have information about the layout system, here the link to the thread talking about this if didn’t follow: S&Box CSS subset - #4 by garry

1 Like

I’ve read it all, I’m a pretty active user on the forums, but thanks anyways! Anything you’d like changed in terms of styling?

1 Like

Okay great then :slight_smile:
Maybe it would be useful for other users browsing in this thread then.

I don’t find anything to modify in your design, however, I’m not a frontend developer so I don’t have good eyes for all that UI aspect. If something looks nice to my eyes, I just say it, but I leave fine-grained details to experts :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Looks promising, with a bit of work on the UI it could be pretty cool.

1 Like

Fair enough, thanks for the input! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anything specific you think should change?

1 Like

There should be an option to delete the character, and maybe even customize (imagine that you want to RP that you were on vacation for a long time, for the time that character hasn’t been played, and had an accident and fell, and you want to reconnect with a limp walk and some bandages on your leg).

1 Like

Oh right, I forgot about deletion! Thanks for the reminder. In terms of customization, that will all be done ingame(different equipable clothes pieces). The character info page is mainly meant to give you the current status of your character, for example if we decide to implement offline jail-times you could go into that page and check how long until your characters jail time is done.

1 Like

Right but then you run into the issue of people ruining your RP if they catch you limpless walking into the customization area right after connecting.

1 Like

I get that but this gamemode is mainly focused on gamey RP, as in everything that happens should actually happen in game(we’ll have an advanced medical system for broken bones etc). The focus is to not have to make up things that have happened to create RP and as such I don’t think a customization menu in the character selection screen makes sense.

1 Like

Is there any interest for open-sourcing the character-part of this gamemode? I have been defensive about open-source within this gamemode earlier but I’m starting to see some benefits. The open-sourced version would be a bare-bones framework meant for developers, not really something that can just be run directly.

2 Likes

Makes sense.

Also, I have no personal interest currently but I’m sure many people do. What does the character-part entail exactly?

1 Like

Being able to load a player into a character. The character has a list of properties which you can add custom properties to and you can then extend it with custom static extension methods to get/set info on the character. I will provide entry/exit points for saving/loading a character but probably won’t include my custom database framework that I’ve got set up.

The character is based on an “Entity” model which includes all parts of the property framework. That way you could for example create another class called Car that adapts from that “Entity” model and can thus use the property system as well.

1 Like

Sounds good, if you ever decide to release I’d definitely take a look and perhaps expand on it if I needed.

1 Like

Sounds good! Some of the advanced things will probably remain closed source and be run on our own server(s)/be licensed but we’ll see.

3 Likes