*clicks on server* doesnt connect NEED HELP PLZ

I want to get on a server but i click on it and it doesnt connect restarted steam and rust, still does it.

same problem. i tried to reinstall it , but nothing changed. Same if you try right mouse click. nothing happens. i cant play the fucking game couse of this.

hello, took 40 minutes trying to get to a server, and I is completely impossible, someone can help? Thank you.

I have the solution: Double Right Click.

Oh my good lord, you are a legend! Thank you so much!

There is a solution , if you got a friend in a server that you want to join , once he login tell him to goto console or press F1 and check the ip
then you open the console and type "net.connect <ip> " without the hashtags.
If you are unable to join one…
then by all means come join my server , brand new PVP/nosleep 1/2 crafting time…
net.connect 108.61.141.2:28025 :slight_smile:

Disco would like you to look at the other 19 threads saying clicking on a server does not work.

I see all the other threads talking about it but no solutions. Dbl right click didn’t work for me ;(

I can not play, that is, it connects, but grabs the stone, I can not open boxes or doors, or pick up item … I spent all day today trying to play, but there is no way

Wait for the next update.

Google the name of the server you want to join… You will find a website with information regarding the server and the IP address…

Then use the net.connect <ip address of server> to connect!

When I try the trick above it won’t work. When I double click the error I get says:
“Internal error: too many pairs created, new pairs will be ignored. This is perhaps due to an excessive number of objects created at one location.”

Is there a way to get this checked out by the devs? Well, is this an issue they should see I guess I mean.

none of these methods work. when i try the net.connect i get to the steam connect screen and it nevr gets any further. it always says connection failed.

[editline]25th December 2013[/editline]

I HAVE THE DEFINITIVE ANSWER FOR THIS PROBLEM. I RESEARCHED ALL AVENUES TRIED ALL THINGS AND HAVE NOW CONCLUDED AFTER HELPING OTHERS TO KNOW THE ANSWER. THIS HAS WORKED FOR ME AND ANYONE I HAVE HELPED. GO INTO OPTION ANS WHERE IT SAYS RENDER QUALITY I THINK DRAG IT DOWN HALFWAY RO SO AND SPAM CLICK THE APPLY CHANGES GO TO THE SERVER MENU AGAIN AND VOILA YOU CAN NOW CLICK THE SERVER!! YOUR WELCOME IN ADVANCE.

Same. Boo!

did you do what i said and adjust the render ? and now it works right ?

Nope. I adjusted the render down to half and also tried it at about 25%. Nothing worked. No error message this time though. Just connection failure.
I wonder if I turn down resolution in the ‘launcher’?

[editline]24th December 2013[/editline]

Tried again after adjusting resolution and did see the error again on the command console:

"Internal error: too many pairs created, new pairs will be ignored. This is perhaps due to an excessive number of objects created at one location.

accurate, ami tells me exactly the same in the console rust. Any help plz? :frowning:

Ya can some one help i dont see any server on the list ):

Then when is next update coming?

ugh wait till the servers refresh completely ffs, its locked up pinging all the servers or did you not notice the fire in the background laggin out like crazy.

once its 100% refreshed it should load fine