I posted this a while back, but no one really saw it and I’ve made it a lot better.
As everyone has noticed, client addons don’t load automatically. They mount, but don’t load. So I made something where you can just look through your files in select folders to load, it will recursively load all lua files.
Note: sv_allowcslua needs to be set to 1. (Obviously)
- Run lua_openscript_cl autorun/addon-loader.lua (I bind a key to it)
- Use the console commands:
- loadaddon_menu; Brings up a menu to load a folder.
- loadaddon <directory>; Loads the given directory.
- Bind a key to “lua_openscript_cl autorun/addon-loader.lua; loadaddon_menu” (This loads it, and opens the menu.)
- The lua/ folder shows all mounted Lua files because that’s how Garry’s Mod actually loads stuff, so if you see more folders there than you actually have, that’s normal.