Client Crash on Sending Client Info

Hi,

I try to connect to a DarkRP server that others I know use. The server is currently active and has 13 players in it. When I connect, it downloads all the files (~1300 files it downloaded), and then lags a bit at “Sending Client Info”, and then hl2 crashes.

I tried verifying the game cache, tried deleting Steam/steamapps/<username>/garrysmod/garrysmod/lua/includes/modules/, and nothing is helping.

Thanks for your time.

try lowering your graphic settings

What map it runs? If it is Evocity or something like that, add that +r_hunkblablabla stuff to your gmod startup line.

Or maybe it is one of your addons?

Wait for the server to restart or change map, turn down settings like anti-aliasing, texture or model detail or try adding “+r_hunkalloclightmaps 0” via Garrys Mod > Properties > Set launch options.

It is Evocity, the only one that crashes for me.

No addons I ever installed.

I will try this soon, not currently at my computer. I think it should work though.

Just wondering, would on my computer might be causing it? It works fine for everyone else who is playing here (who - I assume - is using a default config).

You need to add that +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 to launch options. This is something what you need on for big maps like evocity or gm_apocalypse.

No, Your computer shouldn’t do that.

Also, Garry said that he added that hunkalloclightmaps 0 by defult to GmodSVN so I think it will come to steam version too.

Updates to Garry’s Mod have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Garry’s Mod
[…]
r_hunkalloclightmaps is now 0 by default
Yay!

] r_hunkalloclightmaps
“r_hunkalloclightmaps” = “0” ( def. “1” )
The help information is outdated then, but at least it works now. Thanks everyone (and garry).