Client.dll error

Hi, I have been having a problem the past 2 days now with Garry’s Mod. When I try to launch the game I get an error stating that the “client.dll could not load the specified procedure could not be found”. Also when the error happens I get a download for Garrys Mod every time. Here are the images of the download I get after the error as well as the error itself. I tried re-installing the game as well as installing it on a different HDD and I have tried running the hl2.exe as admin with no success. If anyone could possibly help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Here are my specs:
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs)
AMD Radeon 7970
8GB of ram
120 GB SSD
1 TB external HDD
(If you need more info just ask.)

Have you tried not just installing, but verifying?

Yes I have tried that.

It’s 64bit OS problem, install all latest windows updates, and/or search google for hotfix from microsoft.

My Windows OS is completely updated to the latest version and I still have the issue.

I tried to find a hotfix on Google for my issue, but could not find one that was related to my problem. If you know a good place to possibly find the hotfix please let me know.

Yeah, you guys aren’t being very helpful… a hotfix for what exactly? Because there’s one for Nalperion Licensing, mouse input on x64, and the only thing referencing anything related to Source/Steam is a fast publish article instructing users to verify game cache, etc…

Anyhow, I’m also in the 64-bit boat. All updates installed, running Windows 8.1 (regretfully)
No GMOD.

If you were to Google the error message you’d know hotfix for what. You might want to try your luck on Microsoft Support forums or whatever they are called.

[editline]6th February 2014[/editline]

Uninstall Gmod from Steam, then browse to the steamapps/common directory and remove the entire garrysmod folder. After that pop open regedit, save a backup, then ctrl+f for all terms “garrysmod” and delete the keys.

Then reinstall gmod and try running it again.