Client downloading custom models

I have set up a server with pointshop and fastdl for custom player models and maps, however, when I join the server I do not download these files. On my fastdl they are located in /models, /materials and /maps folders. All of the files are added using resource.AddFile() inside the autorun lua file. Everything works if you install the files manually to your local garrysmod folder. How can I make it so that these download automatically. To browse the fastdl click here.

My server config looks like so:

rcon_password XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
hostname "[TTT] [FastDL] Laszlo's Lads"
sv_maxrate 0
sv_minrate 5000
sv_maxcmdrate 66
sv_mincmdrate 67
sv_maxupdaterate 66
sv_minupdaterate 67

sv_downloadurl "http://5.135.145.127/fastdl/ttt/"
sv_allowupload "0"
sv_allowdownload "0"

I’ve tried a lot and cannot find out how to fix this.

They arent compressed at all.

paste your resource file

Nothing is compressed, therefore your FastDL does nothing…

How should they be compressed? and what do you mean by my resource file?

The files should be compressed in bzip2 to allow the user to automatically download them. You can use either Winrar or 7zip for this.

It should be in lua/autorun/server and usually contains the workshop packs you want your clients to download.

It will usually contain code like
resource.AddWorkshop("")
or
resource.AddFile("")

Yes…thats what I said.

Okay, so is bzip2 compression just zip format with a different extension? does this also apply for bsp files as they don’t seem to be a problem. The file containing all of the resource.AddFile calls is located in /addons/Halo3PlayerModels/autorun/server/halo3.lua, does this still get called in the same manner?

EDIT: Also when adding to the fastdl, should the files be arranged as /models/modelname.bzip2 and /textures/modelname.bzip2 or /modelname/textures.bzip2 and /modelname/models.bzip2?

So this is still persistent with the fast dl updated to this

The maps still arent compressed.

I’ve compressed the maps, but player models are still errors