"Coldplay - Don't Panic" Music Video by Whitehawk

This is my new music video “Don’t Panic” by Coldplay.

Didn’t you already post this on FP? I’ve seen this before.

Anyways, watch that camera shake and white flashes, you use it too much. (TO CLARIFY FOR ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW HYPOCRITICAL THAT SOUNDS, I MEAN THE STATIC CAMERA SHAKE ADDED FOR EFFECT, NOT HAND-HELD STYLE)

When there’s a static camera, it should be still with minor shake, but adding that hectic seizure-inducing stuff makes it a bit strange. I’m sure if you toned it down a bit but still made it noticeable enough, it would be easier on the eyes. And the white flashing, although stylish, looks kind of strange as well, and it’s used for almost every transition :open_mouth:

In addition, the scenebuild on freespace was rather sparse… it wasn’t too badly noticeable because of the constant flashing and fast cuts, but in some scenes there was literally nothing in the background but map.

The camera shake wasn’t smooth enough
The flashing effects got old quickly

other than that it was pretty nice

The camera shake was made all with keyframes in Sony Vegas.
But thanks for the critique, that will come in handy in my next video. :slight_smile:

[editline]03:00PM[/editline]

and for the camera shake, it was all I could really work with. Vegas has bad camera shake tools, its all keyframes

But thanks for the tip. I’ll be sure not to make the same mistake in the future :slight_smile:

Newblue Camera FX has an Active Camera plugin that lets you do shake really easily.

-scratch-