Colors of clothing... !??

I think I’ve just had an epiphany! A light-bulb moment if you will! And this light-bulb is like, as bright as a 125watt! … maybe?
Clothes! People wear them. They can be nice. They can make you think twice. They can be cool. They can be lame. And clothes are in this game!

Silly rhyme aside, here’s something I realized about the colors of a character’s clothing in Rust… They represent danger level! Obviously, this may be complete and utter horse manure, but in my own playing experience it seems to ring true…

White: NEUTRAL! White clothed men are hard to decipher. They may be a rookie, they may simply not have many items yet. They’re intentions are unclear, interpret as you will.
Green: NO THREAT! Those in green tend to be gatherers. They are not out for blood, they are out for loot. They usually tend to be friendly.
Red: POSSIBLE THREAT! Leather armor is one grade down from Kevlar, and usually those wearing leather are on the road to getting Kevlar. Keep your eye open on red folks, they’re eye is usually on a more sinister prize.
Black: THREAT! Full Kevlar armor is the sign of one who most likely engages or fully expects to be engaged in a firefight and/or is up to some shenanigans! Do not turn your back to those wearing black.

What do you folks think?!

The heart icon is because Rust is cool! :smiley:

P.S.
To clarify from the comments below, what I was going for with it is that the colors match real life meanings.

IRL, white is a neutral color, green a safe color, red is danger, and black on a danger scale is as high is it goes. I thought it was a neat coincidence! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure what you’re getting at…

But as far as clothing people are wearing, I think most of the time people just go for the best stats they have available.

black represents threat, ok white who is neutral, i got it, i got it.

Yeah, well there are certainly cases where your observations don’t hold out. You also left out the guy running around with nothing but his birthday suit and a pipe shotgun.

Personally I thought you were going to say you think that we should be able to pick patterns or dye certain parts of various armor sets. I’d really like that sort of functionality added, today everyone in my faction is going with a blue face mask and green pants, and will shoot anyone we see that doesn’t look like us. This would also allow for infiltration techniques to gather in unfriendly terrain. Your observation is frankly a little bit of a disappointment.

Besides, aren’t leather pants just a blue jean texture? And the leather helmet is the same texture as the kevlar one if I remember correctly…

So only the chest piece works with this.

If you see a willy, or a dick, they are nice and carry a rock or stick.

Additional clothing and character customizations are planned for the future, and clothing colour is kind of envisioned as a system to do this sort of thing, only it’s more, “red shirts = you are a citizen of our town if you can also provide the secret handshake”.

A shotgun blast in the face will teach you that cocks only does not mean rocks only. :v:

What I was going for with it is that the colors match real life meanings.

IRL, white is a neutral color, green a safe color, red is danger, and black on a danger scale is as high is it goes. I thought it was a neat coincidence! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that may have been slightly racist.

OK op is DEFINITELY racist

lol, I’ll be honest that was completely unintended. I’m just gonna see myself out of this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

How about just dying armour and a better way to identify types of armour (long sleeves, short sleeves, sleeveless pullovers, etc)

In my thread (link) I talked about a way of customization of armor. Check it out!

In short, it had to do with an RGB slider, paint brushes, a painting station, and full customization of most armors.