Combat Exploits, Simple Fixes

Hi. 6 friends and myself have been having a lot of fun with this game for weeks now. The game is fantastic, raiding and getting raided and the harshness of the PvP is amazing.

We have however noticed a few things players are doing that may not be behavior the developers intended.

1. Spamming medkits and food during combat, the effects seem to stack making players almost impossible the kill.
  2. Using campfires as health regen pools during combat.

I get the idea that “We give you the tools, you play however you like/can” but it would appear to me some testing should be done by the devs to see how these tactics can give a seriously unfair advantage to those who use them. Once a group has been established on as server for a long period of time, its easy for them to walk around with 50 large medkits, bandages and tons of food.

My suggestion would be, when a player uses a kit, the server is aware and flags them with a 60 second cooldown. And the stacking effects should be either eliminated, or at least setup in a way that doesn’t make a player invincible.

The campfires become relevant when players are defending a fort, OR for those attacking a common tactic is to place a wood wall, throw down a campfire and peak out with supressive fire. For the campfire it would be a simple matter of not giving “comfort” to those with a weapon drawn, or having had one drawn within the last 60 seconds as they should be considered “In Combat”

Either way, the game is great. Thanks for making it, well worth the money. Thanks for reading.

There is already a cooldown for campfires comfort boon : 10 sec i guess
I assume devs are working on point 1. Using a medical kit would probably take a delay before health regen

Medkits should force you to stop moving for 3 seconds.
Bandages should stop you for 1 second.
Large medkits should stop you from moving for 5 seconds.

Medkits and food regen are the same of 2 HP per second REGARDLESS of how many you use AND any bit of damage will make you lose that regen so your post is kind of both pointless and late. You might want to understand the game mechanics before you go complaining about things that are not even a real problem.

1. Spamming medkits and food during combat, the effects seem to stack making players almost impossible the kill.
  2. Using campfires as health regen pools during combat.

1: you cant spam food or medkits, they have no stacked for a VERY long time, also new patch even nerfed them more as you have a delay after being hit.
2: camp fires have had a cooldown time for a while now

please dont google outdated problems and post here

Well, for point one atleast by my understanding a medkit will be an active item, as you’ll need to have it in your hands and will go through a “healing channel” so you can’t spam them and can only be doing that action.