Compiling is making my map revert to an old stage

I’m getting this weird problem with my Source SDK when I compile my map, I finished my map today and when I try to do a full compile it takes 2 minutes then it goes ingame but it only shows an area I was working on with the cordon tool. I turn it off and everything but it still runs in that same area. I have no clue why.

Thanks in advance.

I’ve had this problem before and this is how I fixed it:

If you have a HUGE displacement brush somewhere on the map, try taking it and dividing it up into 4 displacements sewn together. For some reason, huge displacements don’t work sometimes and you have to “chop” them up for them to compile right…

This might also be the same with brushes although I can’t remember.

I do have displacements on my map and I have tested them before with cordon tool with no problems.

OK do this for me:

Do a compile with everything on “Normal” but put VRAD on “No” and see if your map compiles with the updated version (although without lighting)

This will be able to tell me if the problem happens in VRAD

Try copying everything over to a new map

Show us the compile log

you probably got one of those space-time-quantum-slip-space-anomalies.

A.K.A a leak

Seems like it’s not overwriting a already placed bsp. Try renaming the vmf to _1 or something without spaces and recompile to get a fresh bsp. I used to have a problem where whenever i compiled it wouldn’t overwrite the bsp in the main folder so my changes never took effect. Try it but give more details not much to go on.

Okay, I just renamed it and compiled and it said this:

** Executing…
** Command: “c:\program files\steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe”
** Parameters: -game “c:\program files\steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\half-life 2 episode two\ep2” “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\space_station_1.vmf”

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jul 7 2010)
4 threads
materialPath: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\materials
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\space_station_1.vmf
ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn’t point to an existing ConVar
Could not locate ‘GameData’ key in c:\program files\steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\gameinfo.txt
Patching WVT material: maps/space_station_1/pk02/pk02_rock01_ground01_blend_wvt_patch
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides…
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0…1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8…9…10 (2)
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0…1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8…9…10 (1)
Processing areas…done (0)
Building Faces…done (1)
Chop Details…done (0)
Find Visible Detail Sides…
Merged 904 detail faces…done (0)
Merging details…done (0)
FixTjuncs…
Too many t-junctions to fix up! (3625 prims, max 32768 :: 65538 indices, max 65536)

** Executing…
** Command: “c:\program files\steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe”
** Parameters: -game “c:\program files\steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\half-life 2 episode two\ep2” “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\space_station_1”

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Jul 7 2010)
4 threads
reading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\space_station_1.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\space_station_1.bsp

** Executing…
** Command: “c:\program files\steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe”
** Parameters: -game “c:\program files\steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\half-life 2 episode two\ep2” “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\space_station_1”

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Jul 7 2010)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     

4 threads
[Reading texlights from ‘lights.rad’]
[48 texlights parsed from ‘lights.rad’]

Loading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\space_station_1.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\space_station_1.bsp

** Executing…
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\sourcesdk_content\hl2mp\mapsrc\space_station_1.bsp” “c:\program files\steam\steamapps\mrtorchic\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\maps\space_station_1.bsp”

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
“The system cannot find the file specified.”

Too many t-junctions to fix up! (3625 prims, max 32768 :: 65538 indices, max 65536)

Had a feeling it was something to do with that. Is there a quick way to get rid of them or do I need to manually remove them all?

Just select the func_detail then in the 2d viewport right click on the selection and go “move to world” should work.

Okay, I went around the map and removed alot of func_details. I think it works as it takes longer than the 2 minutes it did before. I’ll compile it later when I go (it’ll take a long time) to keep you guys updated if it worked.

You could try making models.