Compiling issue.

I am having some issues with my compile. Basically it doesn’t seem to be creating a .bsp file, and/or if it is, it’s not putting it within my maps folder. When I compile and it runs the game I cannot find the map within the Garrysmod single player menu. I would appreciate all feedback.

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Users\Vernon J Arnold IV\Desktop\Mapping, programs\Compiler (Advanced)\hlbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps\gm_elevators_1.vmf"

Unknown option "-game"
hlbsp 3.4 SSE 2 V2.0 (Mar 29 2009)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to (amckern@yahoo.com)

-= hlbsp Options =-

-leakonly      : Run BSP only enough to check for LEAKs
    -subdivide #   : Sets the face subdivide size
    -maxnodesize # : Sets the maximum portal node size

-notjunc       : Don't break edges on t-junctions     (not for final runs)
    -noclip        : Don't process the clipping hull      (not for final runs)
    -nofill        : Don't fill outside (will mask LEAKs) (not for final runs)
	 -noopt         : Don't optimize planes on BSP write   (not for final runs)

-texdata #     : Alter maximum texture memory limit (in kb)
    -lightdata #   : Alter maximum lighting memory limit (in kb)
    -chart         : display bsp statitics
    -low | -high   : run program an altered priority level
    -nolog         : don't generate the compile logfiles
    -threads #     : manually specify the number of threads to run
    -estimate      : display estimated time during compile
    -nonulltex     : Don't strip NULL faces
    -verbose       : compile with verbose messages
    -noinfo        : Do not show tool configuration information
    -dev #         : compile with developer message

mapfile        : The mapfile to compile

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SourceSDK\bin\source2009\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps\gm_elevators_1"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Sep 15 2011)
Can't find steam app user info.

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SourceSDK\bin\source2009\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -both -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps\gm_elevators_1"

Can't find steam app user info.

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps\gm_elevators_1.bsp" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps\gm_elevators_1.bsp"

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\hl2.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod"  +map "gm_elevators_1" -steam

** I just started using ZHLT compling tools as well, originally hammer’s tools were doing the same exact thing.

Thankyou.
Sincerely, Vernon J Arnold

1 second google:

Thanks bro, and your right.

[editline]8th July 2014[/editline]

It’s doing the same thing, this is current clipboard copy form the compile process. I used Interlopers error log checker, came up nil.

This error repeats twice. Im no amazing coder but check. Error opening c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\m aps\gm_elevators_2.bsp

Garrysmod is not located in commons.

http://puu.sh/a4mLq/813e8910e1.jpg

user error

Nope.

Why does \m aps\ contain a space?

http://puu.sh/a58ri/11779390f8.jpg

When the whole common switch came out and verifying integrity of games moved them to common, did you ever verify for gmod?

The point is Gmod works perfectly fine from some people’s username folder: if his compiler can’t find the BSP it’s PROBABLY because it isn’t located in common for him, I mean unless you have a fix for his problems.

yikes, someone’s snarky today

But for the OP it is in \common. Honestly, if you know anybody who has Hammer working out of the old directory, including Propper, please do share it.

the other possibility is that hammer is not even generating the bsp file
can you post the compile log from hammer?

I still reckon this is the issue, as there is no \m aps\ folder, only a \maps. Logically, it couldn’t copy it to a nonexistent directory.

Most programs automatically make a folder if they’re trying to save data to one that doesn’t exist. However, I don’t know if that process is clientside or programside.

It’s a common compile log issue (if not in every compile log ever) to insert a space after a certain number of characters in a line. It’s log-only, not an actual problem.

e: On second look it seems to be a forum thing; It happens when the log is in quotes but not in code tags.

All of you missed this?

Could not start the empty shader (shaderapiempty.dll)

Just like with Lua scripting, the first error is always the most important. Any errors that happen afterward may happen because something that was supposed to run beforehand was stopped early or did something invalid (hence the first error).

In this case, vvis.exe and vrad.exe can’t find the bsp, because vbsp.exe never made it. vbsp.exe never made it because it never finished initializing (shaderapiempty.dll error).

I would say something is wrong with your set of SDK tools. You might try verifying the game files or using different SDK tools (try 2007?)