Complete Ragdoll Rigging Guide?

How is it that there’s so much knowledge around here on how to rig ragdolls yet there’s no up-to-date guides anywhere (that I know of) explaining how to do it so others may learn?
I’d like to see some of you guys put a guide together to help out others, if not to lower the amount of people coming here requesting help that’ll never get done.

I’m not sure if you really searched but try searching for mariokart64n’s ragdolling guide,.
it’s not up-to-date but it pretty much teaches you (step by step) on how to rig a ragdoll,.

His is helpful but they’re really needs to be a new tutorial up, his images and downloads are slowly being taken down because that tutorial is so old, pretty soon all of it will be gone.

I think it would be best to have a tutorial for very basic rigging, rigging for Valve skeleton, and then rigging custom skeletons.

For example, let’s say I have a Mount and Blade: Warband model. With mod tools, the model can be exported as an SMD, completely rigged to its own custom skeleton. The only thing I need to do is give it fingers and then a head, and then rig all of it together with flexes, but there’s no tutorial for that sort of thing.

But yeah, Mariokart’s need to be either updated, reuploaded, or simply redone entirely for newer 3DSmax.

Yeah, I’ve seen Mariokart’s old tutorial and as it’s been said, it’s so old that most images are either missing or entirely out-of-date. I don’t think it’d be too hard to take his base and fill in gaps that are missing or changed.

Look up the same said tutorial on YouTube

It’s a good tutorial, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s really outdated; He acknowledged it himself.

Its not as outdated as you think. All you need to know is how to add the bone weights to vertices and how to set up the materials the right way and you should be fine. There is another tutorial for setting up a qc file elsewhere especially if you’re using blender.