Complier Error: ERROR: 'EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION' (assert: 1)

I have been getting this complier error and I am not sure how to fix it.

This is what the error look like:

Created command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SourceSDK\bin\orangebox\bin\studiomdl.exe" -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod" -nop4 -nox360 "C:\Users\Dev\Desktop\Boeing 787\Boeing 787.qc"

qdir:    "c:\users\dev\desktop\boeing 787\"
gamedir: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\"
g_path:  "C:\Users\Dev\Desktop\Boeing 787\Boeing 787.qc"
Building binary model files...
Working on "Boeing 787.qc"
SMD MODEL C:\Users\Dev\Desktop\Boeing 787/Boeing 787.smd
ERROR: 'EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION' (assert: 1)
ERROR: Aborted Processing on 'models\Boeing_787\Boeing 787.mdl'
WARNING: Leaking 1 elements

Here’s what my qc file looks like:

$cd "C:\Users\Dev\Desktop\Boeing 787"
$modelname "models\Boeing_787\Boeing 787.mdl"
$scale 1.0
$model "Body" "Boeing 787.SMD"
$cdmaterials "models\Boeing_787\"
$surfaceprop "metal"
$sequence idle "B787.SMD" 
$collisionmodel "Boeing 787.SMD" {
	$mass 50.0	
}

The model probably has too many vertices. Try splitting it up into multiple SMDs.

I am not sure what’s the limit for vertices, but I checked my smd by using 3ds max and it has like 38k verts in total. I think that might be too much, but I am not quite sure yet.

Try using SFM or L4D2’s compilers in conjunction with the Crowbar tool, I haven’t gotten that error since.

Well, I give that a shot. I am still getting the same error.

the question is…
your model has too many vertices?

i have got that same error, but i got to resolved.

if model has over 10K, try splitting the .SMDs
each .SMD should be less than 10K vertices, then use multiple $model command

for example
$model “model1” “model_name1.SMD”
$model “model2” “model_name2.SMD”
$model “model3” “model_name3.SMD”

then recompile again, that will should work.

since people just don’t know about this much…

by the way, i still use GUIStudioMDL though.

This may sound dumb because I have never done this before, but how do I actually split smd files?

if you use 3ds Max, because i use it too!
Here its how to split SMD

select the mesh, first copy the “Skin” on modifier list, you will probably not lose the rig (i don’t know if your model has rigged), go to "Editable “Mesh\Poly” selection them with polygons, then “detect” them (look on the tab) it don’t need to check the box, just click ok. now your model has got detect, select them one then paste “Skin” on modifier list. don’t worried about a model get messed, select one mesh with bones then “Export Selected” and export selected other one too.

Sorry for the last response. I was quite busy from the last few days. I am getting everything you are saying up to point where you are talking about that “detect” part. I am not getting what you are trying say about the “detect” function you were saying.

i was meant this

select a polygons with polygon tool then click detach.

and sorry for bad English, but i just want to help.

It’s alright. I understand you are trying to help out, but I am just completely confused right now. I should have said this before, but the instructions you initially provided were really vague and I couldn’t really follow it properly to get a grip of it. (No offense intended.) Sorry if this feels I am asking too much, but can you provide a little more detailed instructions so I can understand what I am trying to do?