Compliled model failing to spawn

Hi! I’ve been trying to head hack for a few days now, with little luck. It’s all been dandy, I’ve changed the models and such.

The model looks fine on the spawn icon in Garry’s Mod, though when I click it, it makes the noise but nothings spawns and there is no error in the console.

I use GUIStudioMDL to compile.

Even when decompliling a model, then recompiling it right away without editing anything breaks it and doesn’t let it spawn, so it’s not a problem with the .qc.

Thanks!

a) look into the compile log to see if there are any warnings or errors
b) did you move the model after you compiled it?

There was no errors
I did not move it.

Did you look in the folder where your model compiled? If so is there a .mdl file within that folder?

Edit: This sounds very similar to an issue I had once when I was converting a .pmd into an .smd. For some reason all the materials when I was creating them and their corresponding .vmt’s, they added the translucent effect. Therefore the model would spawn, but it appeared as if it was not there at all, because the materials themselves were translucent. That is my only idea though…

The MDL is there, yes.

This sounds very similar to an issue I had once when I was converting a .pmd into an .smd. For some reason all the materials when I was creating them and their corresponding .vmt’s, they added the translucent effect. Therefore the model would spawn, but it appeared as if it was not there at all, because the materials themselves were translucent. That is my only idea though…

Well, I even tried not modifying any of the files and just decompiling and recompiling right away so I don’t know…

Import your finished reference > export it as the ragdoll (idle animation, sequence or whatever you called it)
then import the phymodel, import the ragdoll over it and reexport the phymodel. I’d say it will be fixed.

Since you’re only hacking and not making a new model, there shouldn’t be a problem with materials.

Also post your compile log.

^ Thanks mate. That was the problem.