Concept Art into Source 2

Hey!
I’ve been trying the Source 2 Hammer editor and the new engine and wanted to make something, to I’ve randomly googled and found some concept art for SCP:SL:

My Progress after like 3 hours so far is this on making that concept art into Source 2:

I was going for the moody and dark environment, by adding a lot of light sources tho making them very dim to get a more horror style, something like it would fit in a SCP game. I’m still not completely satisfied with my results and will go and try adding some more stuff, I can’t completely say what. If anyone has any suggestion to make this scene better, please tell so. I would love to get some suggestions.

17 Likes

I don’t have any suggestions, but I think it looks great! Good job!

3 Likes

thanks

2 Likes

I see ayveris took some inspiration from Kristoffer Zetterstrand’s early work. Nice job!

2 Likes

Perhaps adding an abandoned car on the road would fill it up a bit? If you do, try making it so the car headlights are on so it lights up the scenery a bit. (a lift truck could work too if you’re going for that). Also I really like the gloomy mood it gives off, very nice.

2 Likes

Ill take a look if a car or forklift, or whatever first, but thanks for liking it :grin:

2 Likes

A little update on my side. After fiddling around with the material and modeldoc editor I’ve imported a custom forklift and I think this looks good.

5 Likes

The eave on that tin shack is pretty wacky. Maybe if the building was outside, 2ft eave makes sense. But not quite when it is under a concrete ceiling already.

Maybe add an electrical box & some pipes running on that shack so it doesn’t look so plain.

3 Likes

I took some times to do other rl stuff but yesterday evening (my morning) ive been active working on the map after garry and trudler motivated me on discord. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/807592891731804201/815058405923356683/2021-02-27_04-06-32.mp4
(video file is too big for the forum :man_shrugging:)

Heres a video of the current point of the map where i now need more inspiration and ideas what to add, to specifically fill the empty spots in the back

2 Likes

You can put a truck being loaded with carton and pallet, a red lamp connects to a button to create an alarm system, exit panel.

1 Like

The alarm system is a good idea

2 Likes

Looks like a small start for the Breach gamemode in S&Box.

3 Likes

Very good bro :smiley:

2 Likes