concommand.Add being sulky

Okay so, I’ve noticed over my many years of scripting that concommand.Add chooses at random times to be sulky, for no apparent reason.

Examples of this include me creating a command something like this [lua]
function Blah() print(“reh”) end
concommand.Add(“ccom”,Blah)[/lua], and whenever I try to call “ccom”, through Lua or console, it says “ccom” is an unknown command.

However, more often than not, when concommand.Add decides to be sullen, I am able to fix this by adding something, like a “2”, to the end of the command, so it’d be “ccom2”, rather than “ccom”.

Why it does this I’ve never been able to figure out, but then I don’t care too much when its so easily fixed.

However, I’ve encountered just such a sullenness again. Here is the code. Rest assured that all variables are assigned properly, and arguments are being passed properly.

[lua] function ParsePurchase(user,com,arg)
local uid = arg[1]

if _Shop[uid] then
		local t = _Shop[uid]
		if user:CanAfford(t.Cost) then
			user:AddCash(t.Cost * -1)

AddItemToInventory(user,uid)
		else
			user:PrintMessage(3,"You can not afford this item.")
		end
	end

function Empty()
	end
	concommand.Add("testfunc",Empty)
	concommand.Add("~dr~_purchase2",Empty)[/lua]

And here’s the problem. Calling either “testfunc” or “~dr~_purchase2” (the latter has to be done via script, obviously), it says they’re both unknown commands.

If I do “lua_run Empty()” or “lua_run ParsePurchase(player.GetByID(1),”",{“9mm-mg”}", however (9mm-mg is the argument I’m trying to pass, again, just trust me on this), then the functions call perfectly fine.

Furthermore, if I do this, “lua_run concommand.Add(“juice”,ParsePurchase)”, and then put into my console “juice 9mm-mg”, then ParsePurchase calls perfectly fine.

Why is concommand.Add so fickle, and how can I fix it?

:saddowns:

[editline]02:16AM[/editline]

Fuck I’m stupid.

I figured it out.

I hate ends.

Hate them, hate them, hate them.

Still, my question stands at the first part.

Damn it, damn it, damn it.

:emo:

Which part are you exactly still having problems with? Why concommands act weird? I’ve never actually had that problem.