Configuration for high traffic servers?

My servers are experiencing lag in-game not latency but server FPS lag, CPU usage is not close to max. Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

Post a list of your addons, the maplist, or map that your server is on, the rates you currently have defined and if you have any “fps_max” parameter, whether it’s command line, or in a config, you may want to try removing it. As the max fps should be defaulting to the tickrate now, anything above the tickrate would just be increasing CPU load.

Current settings:

// important settings inserted by NFo
sv_stats 0
sv_region 0
fps_max 0

sv_parallel_packentities 0
sv_parallel_sendsnapshot 0
sv_usermessage_maxsize 5000
net_queued_packet_thread 1
net_splitpacket_maxrate 50000

sv_minupdaterate 10
sv_max_queries_sec 3
sv_max_queries_sec_global 100000
sv_maxrate 0
sv_minrate 100000
sv_maxupdaterate 99
sv_maxcmdrate 99

fps_max doesn’t do anything on servers as of the last update

Try changing sv_minrate to a much lower value, the default is 3500.

^what rokrox says, and the other cvars look a little high but I’m on my laptop right now so I can’t check, the default values are the defaults because they’re a decent setup under most conditions

–edit–
okay, the cmd and update rates are meant to be in sync with the framerate (which is now locked at 66, so you should keep them at 66)
and sv_max_queries_sec_global set that high puts you in risk of someone using a server query spammer to lock up your server

Still experiencing it, any other suggestions?

“net_splitpacket_maxrate 50000” the default is 15000, this is kind of a leap, try 20000

“sv_usermessage_maxsize 5000” up to 5KB every tick? leave this at the default 1024… there’s 66 ticks per second, you won’t need to send more then 66KB/s with anything reasonable

Post a list of your addons, and the map that you’re using.

The main thread of the GMod server is only able to use one core, so it’s likely that you’re hitting the limit of the one core that your server is running on. What tickrate are you using?

All servers are locked at 66 tick aren’t they now with the update?

No, you can set your server to anything under 66, such as 33, and you can use http://didrole.com/tickrate_enabler/ to enable 100 tick.

It’s quote obvious, you’re maxxed at 25%, presumably because you have a quad core. SRCDS can only use one core at a time.