Connection failed after 4 retries.

Connecting to 185.38.149.17:27295…
Connecting to 185.38.149.17:27295…
Retrying 185.38.149.17:27295…
Connection failed after 4 retries.

That’s right. Can’t join 1, ONE server. Out of every fuckin’ server on the source engine. This is the server I use…

I’ll tell you what I’ve done to attempt to rectify any wrongdoing.

1. Type connect “ipaddress here”
  2. Removed all shitty things which could possibly stop me joining - AKA Windows firewall
  3. Stopped windows defender
  4. Restored my PC to a point a couple days before. (when this issue wasn’t occuring.)#
  5. Not my ISP - siblings can connect no problem
  6. Not my internet speed etc (hence connection allowed to others)

I am truly stuck on what to do? A possible FULL restore of my PC

also please note that the guy which hosts the server changed the port or IP address idk if its both or one. But anyway this was to allow perma-mitigation. Now suddenly I cannot join?
I did a virus scan with windows defender before joining/upon joining removing a keylogger/trojan

This is all information relating to this cause, anything else you think could possibly diagnose this; wave away.

Cheers

It might be the server? (Or you’re using the wrong IP address…)

Besides I thought gmod ports were 27000-27050, yet you are trying to connect to 27295?

Alright, resolved. Basically if you’re having issues with connecting to 1 server a specific server. it could be that this server has DDOS (protection) mitigation enabled. So if you have more than 1 connected person to the server in your house, it may deny you access. Test this by removing everyone in your house and seeing if you can join. If you can, that’s the issue. To resolve it contact your host say this is the problem.