connection failed after 4 retries!

I have followed the tutorial on portforward.com and selected hl2 steam server filled in everything, i go to IPcake.com get my ip, add :27015 to the end of it, click create a server on gmod the ask my friend to type in the console connect 92.3.109.66:27015, it goes to the loading screen then it comes up “connection failed after 4 retries” What am i doing wrong!

Did you setup an internal static IP?

yes i did

I don’t think portforward.com gets it right for gmod steam servers. You’ll need to forward these ports:
UDP 1200 (Friends Network)
UDP 27000 to 27015 (Gameport)
UDP 27020
TCP 27000 to 27050
TCP 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)

Each one individually… Yes it’s a pain. But it should work. Also you should connect to your own server through LAN. I’m guessing that 92.3.109.66:27015 is your external ip. Try connect 127.0.0.1 in console. This should connect you to localhost which would be your server. I think you know this… You were right in telling your friend to connect to your external ip. Does your external ip ever change? Maybe you should set up a dyndns.com account. Make an account, add a hostname, and download the updater service. This gives your server ip a name and automatically updates it to whatever the ip changes to. For example, instead of “connect 92.3.109.66:27015” your friend would type “connect myserver.game-servers.cc” (Depending on what you name your host and what server thing you use). I hope i helped… I still can’t connect to my own server. All my friends can though.