Console Command Help

I am trying to make a console command that rolls a number between 0 and 100 for my own RP gamemode. It is supposed to look like this in chat:

Gatekeeper828 has rolled a 75 out of 100.

Whenever I type “roll” in my console, it says it’s an unknown command. I looked at the wiki and even tried the example yet it did not work.

Here’s the code:

function roll() 
    Chat.Add(Color(0,0,255), player:GetName().." has rolled "..math.random(0, 100).." out of 100."
") 
end 

concommand.Add( "roll", roll )

end

Also, is there anyone who could tell me where I would put this script if I wanted it in a gamemode? Thanks in advance.

Chat.AddText is clientside only, if you are only placing this in cl_init or another clientside file. It will work. Avoid to add console commands in shared files, it’ll get confusing and usually not work…

Alright, I will try it out later. Thanks for the help.

Also It’s ‘chat’ not ‘Chat’

I changed up the code but it’s still saying “Unknown Command” in the console. Would it be possible to create a Derma panel or a chat command that performs the function? If so could you show me how to create a chat command?

Remove the last end, also you should post errors (You have to look pretty far up in the console to find autorun errors)

[lua]chat.AddText(Color(0,0,255), player:GetName()…" has rolled “…math.random(0, 100)…” out of 100."…"
") [/lua]

Try that instead. Fixed a couple errors in it.

Here’s an error I found:

[gamemodes\Test\gamemode\cl_init.lua:4] ‘)’ expected near ‘’
[cpp]
There was a problem opening the gamemode file ‘Test/gamemode/cl_init.lua’

Line four is this:

chat.AddText(Color(0,0,255), player:GetName().." has rolled "..math.random(0, 100).." out of 100."
") 

Show the whole code.

Here’s all I have in cl_init:

[lua]
include( shared.lua )

function roll(player, command, arguments)
chat.AddText(Color(0,0,255), player:GetName()… has rolled …math.random(0, 100)…out of 100.
)
end

concommand.Add( roll, roll )
[/lua]

That code works fine here.

[editline]13th February 2011[/editline]

I see why your previous code errored now, you should really use [noparse][lua][/lua][/noparse] tags, the syntax highlighting would have showed what was wrong immediately.

Thanks for helping me out.

Edit:
Now no errors are popping up but the command is still unknown.

You need to put the first roll in quotes
[lua]
concommand.Add(“roll”,roll)
[/lua]