Console command to partially type a message

I’ve needed this so many times as a darkrp admin. A console command that pastes a message into the chatbox, but doesn’t send it and lets you append things to it. Would be nice for binds and stuff.

Can’t you just make a macro for that? Gaming mice usually have that functionality.

2 Likes

this seems more of a thing the devs of the specific addon would be adding rather than something that will be in the base game.

1 Like

imo only rp servers and admins would really use that, almost everyone else i imagine wouldnt have a need for that since the normal bind is already good enough for 99% of people since i imagine most people wouldn’t need to edit a repeat message and would just send the message right away.
sounds like something much more suited to be built into an addon imo

1 Like

Having a history of your most common/recent messages that persists between sessions but not between servers would be something in the scope of a default chat box and not be technical to use.

2 Likes

This is something super simple you can easily do in a custom chat addon, just have a message persist when you close the box. Adding console commands are also super easy, this can be done in 5 mins on s&box.

2 Likes