Console Crashing Gmod after joining online servers

i may have asked this or there might be a question already asked about this and if so im sorry for asking again. but my console crashes gmod back to desktop with a windows message saying hl2.exe has stopped working bla bla bla. i already have -dxlevel 81 to fix another issue i was getting when i first got gmod. but anyhow, when i first start up gmod, the concole works fine and when i play offline, there is no issue. but once i join online and open the console, it crashes me.

here is my system specs:
Operating System
MS Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2
CPU
Intel Pentium E2220 @ 2.40GHz 32 °C
Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
PEGATRON CORPORATION Benicia (CPU 1)
Graphics
DELL IN1910N (1280x768@60Hz)
Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Hard Drives
488GB Hitachi Hitachi HDP725050GLA360 (RAID) 28 °C
Optical Drives
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7201S6
IVE 2F0PE78T278 SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

like i mentioned before, i may have aleady asked this and if so im sorry. thanks for any and all help with this.

anything…?

Still nothing? please if you have anything let me know.

I am having the same problem. It might be the new update thats causing it

well i could understand if it was an update thing if it happoned suddenly, but this has happoned to me ever sence i put the -dxlevel 81 in my start up option. but i cant say forsure because i havent played gmod without it, and i was never able to play gmod before useing it mostly due to the strange graphics glich.

but atlest im not alone when it comes to this issue, any ideas?

having the problem too

Same here.

Wait for all servers to be updated.

i would but this has bin for a while, way before the updates. now if this new update fixes it then there will be no need to continue this, but as mentioned before. the has bin going on (for me) ever sence i got gmod installed.