Console not working.

Disclaimer: This might be the wrong section, seeing as I experience this problem in almost all steam games, however up untill recently I had a temporary solution to the problem in Garry’s Mod. If this is the wrong section, feel free to move the thread.

As the title says, my console is not working properly, and I don’t think it ever has worked properly on my steam account. I’m fairly sure that it’s a problem with the account, seeing as I’ve experienced the same problem with my account on several different computers. The problem is that my console won’t open manually, plain and simple. I tried changing the keybind, enabling it and what not, but nothing seems to work. Now the reason I decided to post my thread in this section is because up untill Gmod 13, I was able to open the console by typing “-console” in the launch options, which still works in other games. However, ever since Gmod 13, that doesn’t seem to work properly and instead just results in my console not opening when I start up the game. Whenever I’m in a server I’m able to see my console, however I cannot type in it nor scroll up or down, which is very annoying. I’ve never heard of anyone experiencing the same problem and I tried googling a bit and such, but most people who are experiencing problems with their console seem to just have forgotten to enable it and what not. I don’t know if you need anymore information, if so just ask for it and I will try to reply asap.

I have the exact same problem with my console.

I haven’t played Gmod in quite a while, so I thought it would be a good idea to delete my Gmod folder, to have a fresh installation. This problem still occurs.

My resolution is 1920x1080, I used startup parameters “-window -noborder -width 1920 -height 1080 -console” when I first noticed, but it happens with just “-console” as well.

Bind it in Options