Parenting something that never moves completely defeats the purpose of parenting: to cause 0 lagg on large moving objects.
In other words, unless it’s a walking castle, you don’t need to parent it. Just don’t use over 9000 welds. Welds cause lagg.
I could guide you through making a wire door sometime… or you can just look it up on youtube.
Look out for old tutorials though. Some youtube videos are so old, you could make a wire door 10 times easier with the latest version.
But I’ll write this here. This is the absolute simplest way of making a door using Wire. It can of course be made much more advanced to make it more awesome.
- First build the body of the door.
- Put a Wire hydraulic on it.
- Spawn a Wire Button with Onvalue being the length you want the hydraulic to be at when the door is opened, and the offvalue when the door is closed. Make sure “Toggle” is checked
- Wire the Hydraulic control hub to the button.
- Click the button to open and close the door.