Correct Way to Download Files

I had created this thread because while I was searching through the Garrys Mod downloads and a lot of people do not understand how to correctly make certain downloads actually work. First thing, you just can’t put the whole file in the “Addons” folder and think it’ll work, NO! What you have to do is that you have to open the downloaded folder (make sure you have the garrysmod folder open in Program Files/Valve/Steamapps/Username/Garrysmod/Garrysmod), and you have to individually take each file and put it in the correct folder within the Garrysmod file. For Example, if you had downloaded a certain folder with a file that has a folder called “Script”, you have to take that file and drag or copy and place it inside the Garrysmod “Script” FOLDER! Also, if the file is dug within more files, you have to make sure it is also in those corresponding files. Some downloads are easy, such as map files (simply place it in the map folder), others are much more difficult, such as vehicle or gun models, which may seem to take ages to finish the individual filing but trust me, once you finish, the download WILL WORK!
If it is difficult, or you feel that you seem to copy the same file again and again, make sure you take on the files in alphabetical and typewriter order (get through the files by top to bottom, left to right) so you don’t lose some misplaced or forgotten files!

Try indenting. Makes things much easier to read.

Que?

Make some spaces in the post. It gets so much easier to read, it hurts my eyes to read otherwise.

You mean double space? speak better english, please!

paragraphs

Can’t you just check if the file includes an info.txt.

If it does, just put the folder with the info, and other files (folders) into your addons.
If it doesn’t, just make your own info.txt and place it into addons as well.

it’s not that easy, info is officially the most basic file to make. I’m talking about for all those people who ask “where do you put it” and “how do you download it”, my quest right now is to try to stop all those spam-worthy questions once and for all. Also, if you do add the info.txt, those unnecessary icons that you originally wanted to delete would still be there when you didn’t want them in the first place.

could tell me what to do if i dont have any of those folders for some fucking reason

i cant find these folder any where on my computer

if you don’t have the folder your don’t have gmod installed

if you can’t find the folder, thats why you make it. I had the same problem when i created a new gmod folder (and entire one), the original folders i used to have on the old one were gone and gmod was sparingly limited. So, this is the perfect time to use GCFScape, which also has the original gmod content that allows you to add those missing folders. but, if you don’t want to go through the process, you can look over the downloaded files that have the main folders such as “models” and “materials”, and right click “create/new folder” and rename the folder exactly like it, mispellings and incorrect capitalization will hinder your chances of the download working.