Could my laptop run garry's mod?

Just wanting to know how well gmod may run on my laptop.

My specs are:

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.140305-1710) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 7537
BIOS: A06
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8090MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

I have an Intel® HD Graphics Family.

(User was banned for this post ("Use the Help & Support section for threads like this" - Megafan))

It could easily run it.

Your PC wouldn’t even try. Garrysmod is a single core game and RARELY ever uses over 1GB of RAM. So yeah, you can run it.

1.8GHz will bog it down so much.

If it’s plugged in and set to performance mode I’m pretty sure it raises the GHz. He might have checked that while not plugged in or set to power saving mode.

edit: runs at 1.8ghz normally and turbos up to 3.

Oh well 3GHz will run it far better

OP, you’re here to stealth-brag about your new laptop or actually ask if you can run gmod? :v:

You will run gmod smoothly FYI.

It’s not like he’s going to host a server on it, so yeah, Intel HD Graphics is fairly nice these days, gmod will run fine.

As people said the turbo on it etc, speed cannot really be gauged in just “zomg 3ghz!” on the i7 series. Compare an Core2Duo and a 3rd gen i7 with the same speeds and you will be shocked. Even with turbo off.

His computer won’t even go past the loading screen. Surprised he can even install steam on it.

Go buy an eMachine, better luck there.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I’m not much of a technical computer guy so I figured I should come here.