Could not play experimental for a month by now...

I am the last person to rage for not having 30+ fps but it takes me 10 minutes to connect, 5 more to wake up, 2 to disable almost all the f2 settings and then get kicked of the server after under 10 minutes…

I just want to see the new features is that too much to ask for? T_T was checking Rust experimental every day since there were 1-3 small islands and all you could do was build campfire bridges between them. I miss seeing the progress because I was so happy for each little new feature…

What is the issue? Is the UI broken again or a memory leak? If I knew the reason at least I would be at peace

[Edit] Is it normal that when I try to join a server with my console open I get every notification twice? Would like to screenshot it but it laggs so bad I can’t…

FYI… All rust servers were ddos attack on friday night which is causing 99%of the lag on 99% of the servers…Once they have figured out how to fix it…It may give you better performance… Hopefully it will be fixed soon…

eeee soooooon after 10 years ago…

But I have the issues since before the UI changed…

Sounds like maybe your computer isn’t up to it. Rust is a fairly CPU/GPU/RAM intensive game, and requires a fairly modern machine, (last 2-3 years), with at least 4Gb RAM, (preferably 8Gb). If your machine is older than this, or has less RAM, it will struggle to handle Rust.

Oh really?, I know so much people with gtx 780 and a decent cpu struggling keeping the game with stable 30fps, I got GTX 770 and I7 2600k OC to 4.0ghz and 10 RAM,
don’t give that bullshit, the game is barley optimized at the moment, deal with it, its alpha.
even with everything turned down expect for the view distance its hard to get still 40fps, I want 144 fps like I used to get in the original, it’s alpha, I’m sure it will come one day.

4 gb ram, quad core with 2,5 each I think and a gforce gtx 660 on 64bit windows

I know it is not high end but it should work on low settings. Right now with this mornings update I can actually play experimental again oh joy oh happy day!

I get kicked off the Amsterdam server after a few minutes but who cares it is a step in the right direction yehaw

[editline]21st October 2014[/editline]

I don’t care about it lagging a bit here and there. I had a lot worse experiences back in the day. And I would not even care if I had to reduce the settings so it looks like jedi knight I. But it did not even work at that point so it looked like something was terribly wrong.

… I just said “Rust is a fairly CPU/GPU/RAM intensive game”. What part of that didn’t you agree with? Doh!

Amkit, you seem a little slow, I’ll break this down for you. He just said that the game takes a lot to run properly, which is true. If I play a game that runs so-so on a high end computer and run it on a low end computer, how do you think it will do? Should it magically operate the same on the low end rig because it never ran fantastically on the hjigh end rig to begin with? Just to be sure you don’t come to the wrong conclusion, the answer is no, the low end machine won’t magically operate as well as the high end one.

Let’s rephrase what you said into something useful: “There are lots of people getting by on low end machines with garbage fps, but they can still generally connect. Maybe this isn’t the issue effecting Aaron_Corr?”

Just ignore the gang of people who post in every thread telling players “it’s alpha”, calling anyone giving feedback whiners, and mocking anyone who doesn’t agree with them, or who dare to give feedback to FP. They called themselves out by tagging your post, and usually tag as dumb or late any post they disagree with. It is a shame they try to dominate the forums and put down anyone who doesn’t agree with them.

You are not the only one who wants FP to improve performance, and to make Rust 2.0 as playable the legacy version on the same PCs. I would bet FP even agrees with you.