Could you make nunchucks into a swep?

Well, I was about to ask someone to make a nunchuck model for me so I could in turn get it coded by someone else, when I thought “wait a second, could you even make nunchucks correctly?” What I mean by, is if someone was using them as a swep, could/would they move around dynamically as a result of the person, and not be a brick statue in their hand (i.e. If you move violently around they in turn flip around and rotate, not sit as stiff as a crowbar)?

I was going to attempt something like this useing jigglebones but never got around to it.

The main problem you’ve got there with what you after is that you’d need a custom gamemode (with custom playermodels/anims) to have the anims required to not just be using them like the Crowbar (which wouldn’t work too well unfortunately I think). Also the view model would not be able to be dynamic enough to work for this kinda thing (as I don’t think you can jigglebone a view model, can you?).

Jigglebones combined with a script to detect how fast an attachment at the end of the model is moving.

couldn’t you just have a very simply ragdolled world model and rig the bone for the handle to the model’s hand and leave the other one hanging limply?

World models can’t be ragdolls.

[editline]12:35AM[/editline]

Well, they can, but they stay in their ref position.

fuck. If they could be properly ragdolled I would totally try to do this.

What about jigglebones?

The Thor replacement for the TF2 bat had jigglebones in its viewmodel this should be do-able

It’s possible. I believe the molotov in L4D moves with the person. World and First View