Counter Strike Hands?

I’m not sure if this should be in the Requests section and if so then I’ll move it if possible or just close the topic.

But I was wondering if there’s a way to replace the usual hands in G-mod with the Counter Strike Hands. I like the plain black gloves much better than Gordons big black and orange ones. I’m not sure if this is just a transfer of files or if it’ll need to be created or something so any help with be appreciated.

Also on a side note, I was looking to make my own personal skin and was wondering how to go about it?
I was looking at some ones already done by others and couldn’t find one I really liked. I did however come across this model Citizen Soldier that I really liked…with the exception of the mask. Anyway a point in the right direction would also be appreciated.

Again not sure if this should be in another section or not. I read the sticky and am still unsure. Thanks in advance.

There isn’t, I’m afraid. Someone tried to rig the CS:S hands to the HL2 hands and it didn’t work well.

and

If you want to make a personal skin, you need to edit the textures in either Paint.NET or Photoshop.

Thanks, about the personal skin though, I was looking at the tutorials and they just show editing the color and texture of the current clothes a bit. How would you go about making something such as the one in my original post?

Sorry for all the probably very simple questions. I have no idea what I’m doing when it comes to this. I do however have photoshop CS4. Thanks again.

That would involve model editing (sometimes called model hacking) and head hacking for which you’d need to learn how to model (or at least basic skills) in a modelling program such as 3DSmax, Milkshape, Blender or any of the others and how to decompile/compile models.

If you have Photoshop you should be able to do any form of texture editing you wish, so long as you learn how to use it :slight_smile:

Also to put the Counter Strike hands on the HL2 weapons would invlove a great deal of model editing and part hacking (of the hands), and you would also need to re-rig the CS:S hands to the HL2 weapon’s skeletons to use the anims, or you would have to make custom anims (which can take a long time to do).

Ok, so besides the head, and the little satchels or whatever he has on him would I be able to do that in Photoshop? I know how to use it and have done quite a few pictures in it before. Also one of the tutorials talks about something called Hexing. Just to clarify, that makes it able to be used as a player model, correct?

Lastly, is making simple black gloves similar to the CSS ones for G-mod really hard or has just no one done it?

Nope hexing is changing some of the hex code in the model’s files so that you can rename it so it doesn’t replace another model (if it had the same name). You can also use it to change the textures a model uses or the folders you put it in (to a point). See my tutorial on hexing if you wish to learn more :stuck_out_tongue:

To make something a playermodel you would have to make sure it is rigged to the Valve Biped skeleton (or rig it yourself so it does, which is not always possible and it not easy at all), decompile it, add the anims to be used into the QC file and recompile it.

no it really is hard.

So then I guess it’s just better off to let the professionals do it and just use what they create, lol.

Ah well. Thanks for all your help.

np :slight_smile: