Counter-Strike props leave ungrabbable duplicates in Clean Gmod

ok, i don’t know what’s going on here, but for some crazy reason, certain counterstrike items are leaving ungrabbable duplicates.
as seen here:

See june 8th pictures

They could be prop_physics with a ‘debris’ flag checked meaning it doesn’t collide with the player or with debris, or other flags such as ones that don’t let you pick them up with the gravity gun (Not sure about phys gun)

I have no idea, and no idea how to check.

you see, these props are preplaced map props and affects other maps that use CS props. maps like ZS_Stormier.

these duplicate props are not affected by the gravity gun, nor the Physgun, but they are affected by every other gun.

Strangly enough, the versions that can be picked up seem like they are twice as heavy as the versions that can’t as for example, a cup takes 2 pistol shots opposed to 1 and a pot isn’t moved at all.

Plus, a non grabbable mouse will fly off when shot, but the grabbable one will just go only a few simulated inches

The versions of the props that are spawned via the q menu work as normal

Maybe clientside ghosts. I have this problem too and it bugs me to no end.

This also happens on the TF2 maps. On 2fort you can find bottles and opened cans that do the same. Gerry’s gotta fix it because that doesn’t happen in any of these games.

I have the same issue, it’s quite a big problem for me as I run a PropHunt server.

I’ve looked into a few things, one thing is for sure. Removing all the debris flagged props on the map doesn’t get rid of them. I found a few props on the client that are actually null references, and so can’t be removed. Never noticed if they were there before or not though.

I have however seen a server that has managed to fix them. Unfortunately no-one on there was willing to share how, so I’m afraid I can’t help much, other than telling you what they’re not.

I’m gonna keep trying to see if I can reference them in a for loop somehow and remove them. If I come up with anything, I’ll let you know.

For anyone that doesn’t understand the problem, I took a video of it a while back.
http://vorix.net/misc/coppies.mp4

function testpropoops(pl, comm, args)
	local test_ents = ents.FindInSphere(pl:GetPos(),128)
	for k, v in pairs(test_ents) do
		pl:PrintMessage(HUD_PRINTCONSOLE, "Debug: "..v:GetClass().."
")
	end
end
concommand.Add("testpropoops", testpropoops)

The above returns this error on the client;
“[@xxx\xxx\xxx:xxx] Tried to use a NULL entity!”

It works fine if run on the server though. This shows that they’re clientside only. Server has no clue they’re there. However for some reason the client can’t reference them.

function testpropoops(pl, comm, args)
	local test_ents = ents.FindInSphere(pl:GetPos(),128)
	for k, v in pairs(test_ents) do
		if IsValid(v) then
			v:SetColor(255, 0, 0, 255)
		end
	end
end
concommand.Add("testpropoops", testpropoops)

Walk near to some of the broken props and run the command. As you can see, all props nearby (except the duplicates) turn red. Without the validity check, you get the same script error.

Anyone have any ideas how to successfully reference these strange null entities? Or even better, what is causing them so that we don’t even have to remove them with Lua.

or better yet, without the Remover grenade?

Oh, and i got an update on the situation, HL2 objects are now affected. objects such as the prop version of the crowbar.