Couple questions about GMod

Hey everyone. Sorry, couldn’t really find an introduction board so here you are.
I’m not new to forums, so I won’t be a pain in the arse.

I signed up because I basically had a few questions. Also, I’m probably gonna
be spending quite a lot of time on here from now on.

Anyway, I have 3 questions if that’s okay:

1. Is there a way to completely re-format all files in Garry’s Mod so that you have
    a clean Garry’s Mod game? At the moment, it’s extremely buggy and crashes
    regularly because I replaced so many files.

2. Is it possible to grasp the simple sides of LUA and coding for an amateur like
    me or is it extremely difficult? I’d like to do a few things such as add icons to certain
    WEPS I download or put them in my own categories as oppose to the ones which
    are given by default.

3. Using just Garry’s Mod, would it ever be possible to make a small game, letting
    you move from map to map using WEPS you have downloaded as collectibles and
    places obstacles down permanently?

Thanks for your time!

Just rename your garrysmod/garrysmod folder (ie the second one) to Garrysmod_old, and just launch Gmod. It’ll give you a fresh copy.

Lua is pretty straightforwards, especially if you’re used to say php and whatsnot.

As in actively move from map to map like an area system? It’s possible, but not without multiple servers and having to connect to each one every time you move area.

Delete everything in “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\username\garrysmod\garrysmod”
The .gcf will rebuild the files next time you load the game.

Just study other users’ code and build your own along the way.

Gmod Tower kinda does that. but no, There isn’t a way for it to work on all servers running.

Edit:

Damn you teddy.