Crash on start up due to new graphics card?

I have not been able to launch garrys mod since i got a new graphics card for Christmas.

Not a new-new card, but its better then my old one. Its a Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS. I dont even get to the start menu, It loads the background and starts loading through the blue bar thing and then it just crashes saying that the program is no longer responding. Is there anyway i can fix this without having to use my old card?

Try removing all of the old drivers with DriverSweeper, and reinstalling the new ones for your card.

Also, out of curiosity, what was your old card?

Try adding -autoconfig to the command line. Note: It will reset ALL of the options

This is what the blue loading bar says just before the crash

mount2_init.lua

I’d assume it crashes while attempting to load this or what ever is after it. And unfortunately i already threw away my previous graphics card, as i didnt know i may need it for one game later.

Assuming you already tried -autoconfig with no effect try renaming your garrysmod folder to garrysmodold or something like that then start up Garry’s Mod. See if that works.

Remove mount2 for a bit, see if that fixes it.

how would i do that?

[editline]29th December 2010[/editline]

never mind, renamed it to mount2old and no more crashes.

Please explain how you did it for the people of the future who come to this thread!