Crash Titans V2 Ragdoll

He’s done, just making some last adjustments.

Done.

Nice.

Wanna hear a joke? Stop me if you’ve heard this one.

Yes. That’s original Crash Bandicoot. In Garry’s Mod. Model by Yours Truly. If you people aren’t content with this, I’m out of ideas.

Epic

Just like what Engineer would say: “Heck Yes!”

This is the Crash i used to like when i was under 10 and older before i got rid of my PS1!

Download link coming soon, he’s juuuust about done. Trying to make him less… iffy. He may be a little tough to control upon release but like I did Titans I’ll release a V2 with bugs hopefully fixed. I say that, because I really wanna get him out soon, and he’s passable as of now. Neeyes.

Here he is. Enjoy.

Just Crash for now, but I’m not done with my surprises just yet.

Who’s that guy?

Beat.

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1056034?highlight=jsrf+gmod

I got a problem, both classic and titan’s Crash’s spawn icon is showing as an error in the spawn list, as for the browser, they’re invisible and i put’em in Addons.

Did you read the readme I included? The files go into addons but also need to be placed in models and materials in the garrysmod directory as a copy to back up on. Since the files are written to very specific locations because it’s how I do things.

Make a new folder in, “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps(yoursteam)\garrysmod\garrysmod\models” and name it ClassicCrash. Place the files found in the models folder of Crash in there.

Now make a folder in, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps(yoursteam)\garrysmod\garrysmod\materials\models" and name it ClassicCrash. Place the files found in the materials folder in there and you shouldn’t have any problems.

Repeat but replace “ClassicCrash” with “TCrash.”

Hey I was wondering. How do you make a player model? I mean what’s everything need to be set to, what needs to be included, etc. I’ve gotten a decent grasp on ragdolls I think, but I just wanted to know, what’s it take to turn a ragdoll into a player model?

Well for one thing it needs to be rigged to the ValveBiped, I think. And I think it also needs some $includemodels to include the gesture animations and whatnot. Beyond that, I’m not sure. I’m kinda interested in knowing, myself.

I believe it just needs to be rigged. I’m pretty sure you could just check the lua file of a player model. That’s what I did with NPC’s, and now I know how to make them.

Remember when Crash used to have a wumpa launcher?

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Crash_the_Bazooka!.jpg

Sniff good old times…

I don’t wonna be mean or anything, i like those models but i think that classic remake of Titans Crash is… Bad. But maybe you could try to find an actual Naughty Dog version of Crash? Like from Twinsanity or Warth of Cortex?

You should port Dr. Cortex if you like. :slight_smile:

Gee, thanks. Well I regret to inform you that I tried and came up empty-handed every time. I don’t know what to tell you, just delete it if you don’t like it. That thing was a lot of work and I did it for you guys. The last thing I wanna hear is that you don’t like it. Just keep that shit to yourself, man.

I was trying to make one from scratch as well as Coco since I can’t find one but now I don’t know. Elite rider’s comments have discouraged me and made me start thinking maybe I shouldn’t be doing this and I’m not cut out for it.

You guys don’t know how hard this stuff is and take it for granted I’m doing it at all. I hope I’m not the only model maker who feels this way.