Crashing when joining servers, even with different computers.

Hello there,

For the last two days i’ve been trying to play Gmod with my pal, but things haven’t been working so good on my end. On almost every server i try to join, as soon as i connect after “Sending client info…” has fully loaded, i’m crashing to the desktop with the infamous “hl2.exe has stopped working” problem. If i’m exremely lucky, i can run around on the server for a minute or so before it crashes yet again. Very few servers doesn’t seem to make the game crash at all, but 9 out of 10 servers does, and the servers that actually are playable are either bad or not appealing at all. I have two computers i’ve tried to play on, both with the same problems. One of them is a PC (Windows 7), the other one a Mac (OSX 10.9), both with specs WAY above the recommended for Gmod. At first i thought it was something with my PC, but since the same problem still occurs when i’m on a different computer, with a totally different OS, it’s impossible that the problem has to do with my computer(s). I have tried reinstalling all Source games, manually deleted all add-ons for Gmod, reinstalled Steam, reinstalled Gmod, Verified Game Cache on every Source game including Gmod, tried playing with Gmod being the only Source game installed, uninstalled TF2 (as some people have said it causes trouble with Gmod), tried launching with various bootcommands (-autoconfig, -dxlevel x, you name it), deleted config.cfg and generated a new .cfg file on launch, used the lowest possible graphical settings and so on and so forth. I played through Half-Life 2 recently without any kind of problems, and i have booted up and played around in all Source games, all have been working fine… Except for Gmod, that is.

I just find it so incredibly strange that my friend can play without any crashes and problems what so ever, and i crash almost every time EVEN when on a different computer with a totally different OS as well as specifications. Every other multiplayer game i play works fine except for Gmod. I have played Gmod for years without any kind of similar problems, and now 8 years later, it has become a broken mess? If anyone have the slightest clue of what might be causing this, i would be really happy to hear a solution.

If you think knowing the computer specifications still would help, sure, here you all go, but as you can see, they are way above recommended, so they shouldn’t be the problem:

PC:

Windows 7
Radeon HD 7950 3 GB
Intel i7 4770K @ 3.5 GHz
MSI Z87-GD65
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
16 GB Ram

Mac (Hackintosh):

Mavericks 10.9
Radeon HD 5870 1 GB
Intel i5 4440 @ 3.1 Ghz
Gigabyte Z87M-D3H
250 GB HDD
8 GB ram

Thanks in advance. :smile:

fairlyst00pid

do you have source sdk 2013 MP installed i’m sure Gmod needs that to run

Tried installing every Source SDK version there is and launching everyone of them at least once. No luck.

At some crashes i recieve this error if it might be of help: http://imgur.com/j5c1VfW

hmm i did a google search on that error it looks like a coding error see if theres a patch for the game if not try scanning for malware or a virus that could be a cause of it

what mod for gmod is this for ??