A fairly simple STool: click something to put it in a crate, break the crate to get the thing out again.
- Crate props, NPCs, pod vehicles, and (new in 1.1) players.
- Configurable crate model (from item crates to milk cartons) and health.
- Crates break realistically when opened.
- Pretty effects.
- (new in 1.1) Crates have an outline and (via tooltip) show what they contain.
- Player-crating can be configured server-side: everyone, admins only, or nobody.
- Players don’t get kicked when crated.
- Crates now break properly when thrown with the gravity gun, instead of only when punted.
- NPCs no longer uncrate at weird angles.
Many thanks to everyone who’s helped me along the way:
- m0dUlator (original idea)
- RBOX (sample code)
- Devenger (ideas and code)
- Darkflamer (server testing)
Instructions: Unzip, and place the CrateMaker folder in your garrysmod/addons folder.
(User was permabanned for this post ("So what's the craziest thing you've done lately?" - cosmic duck))