Crazy Bug!

Okay guys, first, hello everyone!!! :smiley:
Well, i’m stucked in a boring bug that’s driving me CRAZY!!!
Since i’ve been started play, this’ve been happening, it’s like this,
I’m just walking in map, and suddenly, my character doesn’t walk anymore, BUT, i not see that!!! He just stop for others players, but for me i’m walking normally…
so i only realize this when i take a torch on hand, and dont decrease the amount of torchs’s Life, so i disconnet, and login again, and my character back ALL i’ve walked, at last point that stucked in the bug, while i’m stucked in this bug my character stay stoped, so everyone see him and kill, but for me i’m running far awaaaaay…

it’s happening with anyone here too ? or just with me…
i rly don’t know what to do… someone have any idea ?
Thanks for help folks!

seems like a lag issue to me, as this is basically the same as I get when my internet connection bails on me

Yep i think so…i figure out this was possible,
BUT this only happened on my Desktop Computer, When i login game with my Asus Notebook,
i never get this problem… and my Desktop Computer is Stronger than my Notebook in Graphics and others setups… I just dont understand…

well if it’s a lag thing it’s not so much your computer specs as your connection… maybe bad wifi/cable connection from your desktop?

It looks like you are experiencing a well-known issue called “Ghosting”. I have a friend who had this problem. Do a search on the forum about ghosting because the community found an easy solution for this. By the way, are you using windows XP?

Hey

What u describe seems like ghosting - there is an easy fix for that if u’re using windows xp.
U need to edit your boot.ini by adding one command line.

Check last page(s) of this topic to see how it’s suppose to be done:

http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1346063

ur ghosting. easily abused like everyone that can do it.

Yep Folks, is right this!!!
the Ghosting Issue! Everyone that’ve WinXP Installed had this problem…
I Fix it by this page, THANKS A LOT GUYS, For all attention…
If someone are with same problem and come here, just do it

Open the boot.ini File from you O.S, and on thelast line, that must seems like this:
“multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS=“Micro soft Windows XP Professional” /noexecute=optin /fastdetect”
You’ll put at end of line this “/usepmtimer”, Should be like this
“multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS=“Micro soft Windows XP Professional” /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer”
save and restart PC, Well Done!

Fixed! Credits : Gab650

I thought this was called “De-Syncing”?

I could be wrong.

“De-sync” is a technical term where “ghosting” is what community calls it :stuck_out_tongue: Both terms describe same issue.