Crazy compile problem

Ok i know i have been coming here alot for help but it is because i have never had to deal with things like this.

This is what happened this time.

When i compiled it said that there nummapbrushes == MAX_MAP_BRUSHES

Ok, so i go on and remove some. but then i notice. My brush number increaced as i removed them, odd right so i readded them to see the number go down. im like wut?

so by adding brushed i removed them and by removing them i add them. Does any one know what is going on because this can not be good in anyway. compile log is here.



** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike" "C:\Users\Tony2\Desktop\rp_downtown_evilmelon_v1.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Aug 30 2013)
6 threads
materialPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\materials
Loading C:\Users\Tony2\Desktop\rp_downtown_evilmelon_v1.vmf
material "sgtsicktextures/bpconnect" not found.
Material not found!: SGTSICKTEXTURES/BPCONNECT
ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Can't find surfaceprop antlionsand for material NATURE/BLENDSANDGRASS008A, using default
Can't find surfaceprop antlionsand for material NATURE/BLENDSANDSAND008A, using default
material "realisticwallsandfloors/carpet/carpetfloorbrown" not found.
Material not found!: REALISTICWALLSANDFLOORS/CARPET/CARPETFLOORBROWN
"materials/realworldtextures/newer/1/roof_1_02.vtf": cached version doesn't exist
material "realworldtextures/newer/1/tile_1_01" not found.
Material not found!: REALWORLDTEXTURES/NEWER/1/TILE_1_01
material "realworldtextures/walls/amsterdam" not found.
Material not found!: REALWORLDTEXTURES/WALLS/AMSTERDAM
material "cm_textures/alarm" not found.
Material not found!: CM_TEXTURES/ALARM
Brush 11328: nummapbrushes == MAX_MAP_BRUSHES
Side 5
Texture: SGTSICKTEXTURES/BPCONNECT


** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike" "C:\Users\Tony2\Desktop\rp_downtown_evilmelon_v1"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Aug 27 2013)
6 threads
reading c:\users	ony2\desktop\rp_downtown_evilmelon_v1.bsp
reading c:\users	ony2\desktop\rp_downtown_evilmelon_v1.prt
LoadPortals: couldn't read c:\users	ony2\desktop\rp_downtown_evilmelon_v1.prt


** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Users\Tony2\Desktop\rp_downtown_evilmelon_v1.bsp" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\maps\rp_downtown_evilmelon_v1.bsp"



Where does it say that in the compile log? Anyways that seems insane, not to sound stupid but have you dried adding a bunches random brushes to make the number go down. Then try compiling? I’m just curious.

From what I recall, the brush limit is 8192 and because you obviously have way more than that.
Possible explaination why brush limit increases when you remove brushes may be the fact that you’re actually given a brushes’ number instead of overall brush amount so when you remove brush no.11328, SDK simply states that other brush with possibly higher / lower number is on your map. I don’t know whether what I say is true or not. All that I can say is that you have too man brushes on your map and you have to remove as many as possible to reach less than 8192. I am curious, how on earth did you manage to create so many brushes?

Small edit : also your texture directories are screwed up, not to mention the very vmts… and that I stated in your previous thread.

Yes I did it is weird

[editline]2nd February 2014[/editline]

And I was able to upload the textures. Thoes textures for some reason still show up in game

That’s because you put the textures in the game’s directory correctly, but failed when it came to putting them in Source SDK’s directory which is hilarious indeed. Anyway, I wouldn’t worry about textures atm, your map won’t compile correctly if you have that many brushes.

Have a look at Propper to convert brushes into models.

If you have complex brushes try hitting ctrl+ t from memory which by default would make them a func_detail.

If you could maybe show a screenshot of the level if your not under any NDA then that may help. Also things like buildings use the least amount of brushes as possible if you don’t need 3 brushes for one wall make it one.

Hope that helps and best of luck.