Creating a nav mesh for rp_stalker

He facepunch, it seems that generating a navmesh for this map is near-impossible, I can’t even do it on a nfo box.
Would anyone be kind enough to look into this? it just crashes my server when trying and when it comes back up no nav file has been created, thanks.

Load it up in single player and create the nav mesh.

I’ll do it for you with my test server
Where can I get this map

[editline]27th March 2014[/editline]

Downloading map.

I must warn you, once I finish this download, the resulting mesh will be several hundred MB large, probably 250 or so if it’s bigger than gm_bigisland.

hostname: = NAVMESH GENERATION, STAY OUT
version : 13.07.05/24 5423 secure
udp/ip  : 198.167.137.232:27000  (public ip: 198.167.137.232)
map     : rp_stalker at: 0 x, 0 y, 0 z
players : 0 (7 max)

# userid name                uniqueid            connected ping loss state  adr
sv_cheats 1
nav_generate
Generating Navigation Mesh...
Unknown command "bot_kick"
Sampling walkable space...

Actually that’s fine because I am only using it for AI, also you be doing the community a huge favor by Doing this since it seems to have never been done before, thanks! (Also I have no idea if that log is good or bad since I haven’t even gotten that far.:v:)

log is good
right now it’s hanging at “merging meshes” but it should progress to visibility mesh calculation soon

Should I upload the navmeshes I’ve made to workshop? so far I’ve got them for bigcity, bigisland, and after about a day or so, this map.

Also, if my memory serves correctly the map won’t get off of the mesh merging until a couple of hours.

I think people could really benefit form that, plus I can’t even do it without crashing.
Thanks again for doing this, you are awesome.

Creating navigation areas from sampled data...
Connecting navigation areas...
Merging navigation areas...

:confused:
Looks like this might actually take a day or two. What’s its relative size compared to bigisland?

never played the map, but it’s pretty big with alot of buildings, underground areas, etc.
thanks you for your time and resources though.

NP, although my build server is taking a toll from what’s going on on the test server (same vps)

Computing mesh visibility... 4%

Progress is good.

7% at last checkup… I estimate with good speed it could be done by lunch tommorow.

Good to hear, also uprising you are still awake, because that sounds about the time I am going to woke up, it’s almost 6am.

23% and 3 hours to lunch, a more realistic finish time might be tonight at 9 or so.

Maybe even tomorrow at this rate. :v:

34%.

Little late to be mentioning this, but you can set markers for where the nav mesh generator should start and look for space around them, as well as incrementally search. It might be faster, but it’s more involved.

Whereas what I did can be done entirely via shell terminal

66%.

Crap, something’s wrong. Server has been restarted and logs aren’t giving anything away about how it happened.

[editline]28th March 2014[/editline]

I’ll restart the damn thing in the meantime, but fuck 24 goddamn hours and it was almost done.

no way >.>.
Damnnnn

Same happened to me when I ran it.