Creating community garrysmod website [like old gmod.com], need opinions

http://gmodcommunitynews.blogspot.com/

Id like to get peoples opinions on this site. im planning on creating a website so people can post community news like the old garrysmod.com was like. id like to now if anyone thinks i should change anything or anything they feel like adding.

feel free to critic in any way you can, i only just started this site a day ago so if you think it sucks or its a good idea, id like to hear it.

We don’t need more

Overv already started one with the same exact layout as the original site. Sorry man.

This. Don’t think about doing ToyBox reviews since I’m doing that. Sorry!

Why does it matter.

I just visited and left a comment.

It looks good so far.

Don’t worry about the haters, the more the merrier. You need content though, not just a design and a news post about how the site exists.

Well, to be perfectly honest, I don’t really care. Everything that matters for me are just Facepunch forums and www.garrysmod.org.
Don’t get me wrong, I am not disliking your idea, it was okay, but I guess that we don’t need more, right?

But, like I said, I don’t really care.

OP you should improve your spelling and punctuation skills :colbert:

I’d consider buying a website with wordpress for it, and also you need to fix up your header looks like an ms paint job

Don’t use Wordpress, use Joomla! it’s a really good CMS.

I wish you luck with this. :keke:

Get a domain. It’s like $10, maybe less. There’s no excuses for not having a domain if you’re serious about doing this. If it’s not worth $10 to you, it’s not worth a visit from me.

I like Wordpress. That should work fine for blogs and small websites. If you want to serve as a download portal like garrysmod.org, use a heavier CMS like Drupal or Joomla.

Get some exclusive content - maybe you could ask modders/mappers to give you some exclusive shots, or footage, or info. Get writers who are serious about writing. If it doesn’t seem like good journalism, I probably won’t read it.

That’s all I’ve got.