Cross Server connect addon

OK i’m looking for an add on that allows you to enter a command such as “!join server2” in gmod chat to join our other server is there any add on for this? or something similar

[editline]20th February 2012[/editline]

anyone?..not even 1 response O_O

so its marked dumb? i think this would be an amazing idea and i dont see why you gotta be so harsh about it

Because this thread is not an idea board.

I’ve seen server’s with door like props, you press E on them, and it asks “would you like to join our XXX server?”, I’ll see if I can find the code for it real quick…

Edit: Sorry, it’s server sided code, so I couldn’t find it :frowning:

This would be super simple to do.

Don’t know the code off the top of my head, but if you want help let me know.

Just run the console command “connect” then the server ip clientside. Simple.

p:SendLua("LocalPlayer():ConCommand('connect Some Stupid IP')")

You could do it with IRC but you would need a script to make it work and i am no good at scripting.

I’ve seen this on GMod 9 I believe, I thought it was an awesome idea for build / rp servers, go through a door, connect to server at the connected door. It would allow the feeling of a far bigger map.

This should work, if you put it in some serverside code. Please note, I’ve not proofread it, it may be full of errors:

local function Connect( ply, str, pub )
	if (str == "!join ServerName" ) then
	ply:ConCommand( "connect XX.XX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX" ) -- Replace Xs with IP.
	end
end

hook.Add( "PlayerSay", "Connect to server 2", Connect )

Correction: That WILL work, I tested it. If you want it standalone, put it in lua/autorun/server in a lua file, should work. Replace the IP with the server’s and ServerName with the server’s name.

Enjoy.