Crossbow W_model Issue

I seem to have a problem with weapon replacements for my crossbow; when I replace the world model it does not change I have tried other reskins and even made my own reskin and that didn’t work for the world model, but it did work for the view.

Yes I Have The Same Problem, If Anyone Could Tell Us Why Or How To Fix It?

Please Help, but I don’t think anyone can actually see this post, I really want to fix it :frowning:

I think that’s because the crossbow worldmodel files are included in the garrysmod content.gcf, I figured this out when I tried to use an improved 357 Python mod from Gamebanana that adds phong to the viewmodel and a better worldmodel (comes with both a Singleplayer and Multiplayer version). I don’t think there is a solution to this, without placing the model files into garrysmod/garrysmod/models/weapons wherever you’d place your junk, just follow the directions in the GCFs using GCFScape

One problem my skins work with all my other weapons and (v/w models work too) and they too are in ij the gcf

Yes Most Likey, I’ve Seen That In Half Life 2 And Its Episodes That The Model Works Fine There,
So Anyone Want To Get The Model Fixed?

Wtf random ij

Do a little bump, do a little bans, it goes down tonight

AKA BUMP!

I highly doubt it can be fixed, then. I tried the High-Def Python and it didn’t work, likely means the Crossbow won’t either

Try to manually edit the skins path by modifying your gcf in a text editor, I know that works with vpks