$staticprop
$surfaceprop	ice
$cdmaterials	"models\main"

$texturegroup "LBSCe2Text"
{
    { "e2text" }
    { "2_e2text" }
}

$sequence idle	"e2loco.smd" // no animation wanted, so re-using the reference mesh

$collisionmodel	"e2locophy.smd" { $concave $mass 56300 $masscenter 0,0,0}

That is my QC file in which I compile with crowbar.Using the gmod and also 2013 SDK MP studiomdl’s

The compiling log I get is:

I can use “$model “stuff” “e2thomasstuff.smd”” and that works fine, but it isn’t a body group, I want this to be enabled and disable by the user.

All meshes have less than 10k anything, verts/faces/edges. And it only fails to compile when i put $bodygroup in, it doesn’t matter where.

Anyone else have this issue? Thank you for taking time to read this.

Admittedly, it has been a long time since I’ve done anything in Crowbar. That being said, this may help you out. If it doesn’t, feel free to send me the SMDs in question and I’ll troubleshoot it for you and send it right back to you. Feel free to add me on steam.

$modelname	"main\e2locomotive.mdl"
$scale 0.5

$model "mybody"	"e2loco.smd"

$staticprop
$surfaceprop	ice
$cdmaterials	"models\main"

$bodygroup "stuff"
{
	blank
	studio "e2thomasstuff.smd"
}
$texturegroup "LBSCe2Text"
{
    { "e2text" }
    { "2_e2text" }
}

$sequence idle	"e2loco.smd" // no animation wanted, so re-using the reference mesh

$collisionmodel	"e2locophy.smd" { $concave $mass 56300 $masscenter 0,0,0}

That didn’t work. I still get the same error. I also tried all studio.mdls like the singplayer 2013
Here is the game info.txt if needed

Here are the SMD’s the qc and the .blend:

this is for a train mod of mine btw. And this error only pops up when i type $bodygroup in the qc.

That exception access violation is usually because something is too high poly for the compiler.
Usually. If you’re compiling with Garry’s Mod’s studiomdl, have you tried SFM’s or SDK2013 MP’s studiomdl.exe?

Here’s a previous thread too, it might give some hints

You can also use Cra0kalo’s studiomdl. That’s worked pretty well in the past, although it takes some work to get it set up.

Also, I got it to compile on the SFM compiler. Try the 2013 MP one though.

I tried it with the 2013 MP and SP, I guess i can try the SFM one if that worked for you.

The problem with the SFM one is that it won’t compile physics. I’d try the Cra0kalo one first.

Everything came trough correctly in the SFM mdl compile. Physics included. (There is no collision mesh for the body part, but I didnt make one nor want one. The onyl question I have is how do i make a body group have a texture? I have a separate texture.vtf for if in the same folder as the texteures for the main body.

[editline]26th March 2016[/editline]

Haha, nevermind, the textre had the wrong name, it works now!