CS:GO -> 3ds Max

Hey guys, i was inactive for around 1-2 years now in all of this, so i am wondering maybe is there new tools like Crafty or new ways to export CS:GO maps into 3D Soft ?
If no maybe someone has Nem’s contacts ? I would like to get Crafty’s Source Code to update it for CS:GO or buy an Update from him ( If it’s not too expensive, not sure how much work it requires, change few lines or rewrite whole code ).

P.S. 3D Ripper is not what i am looking for, Wall Worm too even it would be good plugin, but it’s very unstable and buged, never have loaded a map with it, even from .vmf provided by Valve…

When was the last time you used Wall Worm? Wall Worm has come a long, long way since 3DS Max 2012 existed, and the tools work very well on all the newer 3DS Max versions.

If I recall, Shawn updated the Wallworm VMF importer when Robert Briscoe ported Dear Esther to Unity.

Used it yesterday ( The latest version ), now tried the smallest map and all i get is alot of spot lights and thousands of boxes. There is ZERO details.

[editline]13th August 2015[/editline]

Used it yesterday ( The latest version ), now tried the smallest map and all i get is alot of spot lights and thousands of boxes. There is ZERO details and no materials.

EDIT: Removed some boxes finally can see some detail.
Overall it’s hard to use, no props, no textures. Lighting export is ruined - tried to make Clay render using “Alien” camera settings to keep it at average brightness and result is pure crap. That’s why i don’t like WW, it’s maybe good at importing into a Game, but exporting totally su**. P.S. Material generator doesn’t work in latest version. ( atleast in the way shown in the official tutorial ).

When using WW tools, best to post on WW forums for help. You can get all the materials and props in given the setup is correct. If you have all pre-requisites, then your CS:GO level should import into Max. The current limitations on importing a level from VMF is that there is no func_instance support (which the default Valve maps use a lot). I just haven’t gotten around to adding that; and infodecal/info_overlay are not always correctly transformed/scaled.

Otherwise, you can import levels just fine. There are docs on WW site on getting the materials and props into the scene.

You can work around this by collapsing the instance in Hammer I’m assuming?

That would be my assumption as well.

Thanks for info guys, after more research finally got what i wanted :slight_smile:
3ds Max - Small Map Test: Didn’t fixed the prop rotation.