CS:S Weapons

Hello people,

So I was wondering if someone can help me with a problem i’m having, I have my host, CS:S is mounted, although it tells me

Attempted to create unknown entity type weapon_awp!
Can't init weapon_awp
Attempted to create unknown entity type weapon_p90!
Can't init weapon_p90
Attempted to create unknown entity type weapon_smokegrenade!
Can't init weapon_smokegrenade
Attempted to create unknown entity type weapon_knife!
NULL Ent in GiveNamedItem!

Just stuff like that in console, obviously the entity isn’t there, but I looked online for weapon packs etc to find nothing that works, any help would be appreciated… thanks :slight_smile:

What gamemode are you using (I’m assuming Deathrun)? When you get a weapon pack, you have to rename the entities to match the CS:S counterparts.

Yes it is deathrun, and I actually had renamed the entities, gave me errors, do yoyou think youu could link me to a pack or something?

Put all the weapon’s lua files in gamemode/deathrun/entities/weapons and rename the files to match the CS:S entities.

Deathrun doesn’t have an entities folder, do I just create it? Or would I put it in lua/entities?

Create it.

Should I worry about putting any of the other files server sided or just the entities folder?

Sometimes, SWEP packs will have other lua files for auxiliary additions to the SWEPs, but the important part is that you put the SWEP files in deathrun/entities/weapons.

Would I need to edit the shared.lua whatsoever? Or can I just rename the file and it’ll be cool?

Change all instances of AddCSLuaFile( “shared.lua” ) to AddCSLuaFile(). Leaving it empty will automatically add the lua file no matter what its name is. Also, make sure you that after you rename them, you take them out of their folders.

So it would be… deathrun/entities/weapon/weapon_knife.lua?
EDIT: Will I also need to change the SWEP.Base line for each file?

Yes.

What about killicon.AddFont line?, sorry I should’ve probably included all this in one post

What about killicon.AddFont? Don’t modify any of the SWEP files except for the AddCSLuaFile().

Not swep.base either?

No. Make sure you don’t rename the SWEP base file, though if the addon included one.

What about any of the other things?
(lua/autorun | lua/effects | lua/entities | materials/* | sound/*)
Just upload those to the appropriate folder?

Yes.

After doing what you told me to, I get…
Attempted to create unknown entity type weapon_m4a1
Can’t init weapon_m4a1

Does weapon_m4a1.lua exist in deathrun/entities/weapons?