CSS to Gmod

Okay, so I have fucked around with playermodels before, but only on other games. I have a friend who is willing to do this and help me but he is busy working on a show, and I’d hate to take up too much of his free time plus I’d just like to be able to do this myself.

Anyways, to the point- I would like to put this model from CSSBANANA into Gmod, I’ve done this before, but for whatever reason, this one only has the materials>models>etc… folder in it (so do many others, don’t know why). I have taken CSS skins and put them into the gmod workshop before, but when I tried to apply this to an npc, the model was just all over the place, everything was in the wrong place. (e.g eyeball on cheek).

My question is just, how would I go about doing this correctly? Sorry if this is a waste of time, I just need help and thought I should start here. Thanks you guys.

Link to the skin: http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/48370?vl%255Bpage%255D=2&qpost=3746979

Hiho!
This is not a model, there are just the textures. These textures replace the original texture of the ct_gign if you put them in your garrysmod (or CSS) folder.
if you want to make a seperate playermodel then you have to extract the original playermodel from gmod, rename it and hex it. Last but not least you need to change the material directories (folder and in the vmt) of the model. ( thats why you hexed it)

I hope I could help. ^^

This already works in GMod; just replace the default textures. Like Sligwolf said, if you want to create a seperate model, change the directories.

Yeah, I think you did!

I’ve encountered you on the workshop multiple times, love your addons.

Also, how might I go about extracting the ct_gign model?

[editline]2nd October 2013[/editline]

How? I would like to make it an npc.

[editline]2nd October 2013[/editline]

Attempted to upload it to the gmod workshop, so that it would just reskin the default GIGN.
It says .vtf and .vmt are not allowed, however…

You’d have to rig the model or work as an NPC, including the animations for it.

If you only want to replace the texture just drag and drop the entire materials folder in your garrysmod/garrysmod folder.

Note: In addons folder or a workshopfile will not work! Why?
here is a simple description why this is so, Gmod load the stuff in this way:

Loading sequence:

1. All mounted games
  2. Addonsfolder (seperate addons like wire, workshopfiles)
  3. Gmod Contenfiles
  4. garrysmod folder

So that means if you upload it as a workshop file it load ur addon for milliseconds and load after that the content.
Result: the content override your addon again.

If you need the original player model (to hex it for a seperate PlayerModel or to create a NPC) use GCFScape.

Here a screenshot:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/80343112063574266/9E6C1514B8B4262B9DB1751C7F4619AD1F221988/

The playermodel “swat” is in this case the ct_gign.

That a lot of work?
I’m planning a machinima that’s why I need this.
If you’re interested, maybe you could help?

If he use the gmod playermodel and want it as a Rebel or Combine NPC, then he need only to recompile it with changed $includemodel path. ^^

That’s all I want.
Actually, if I can’t do it, maybe you could help out?
I’ve enjoyed your past work and would be honored to have you helping me in the machinima I would like to make this for…

I can try it. ^^
But not today im tired, i will do it tomorrow.

Well, I’m looking forward to it.
Thank you.

I assume he wanted a custom SNPC since he was referring to Machinimas. My bad

No problem
Just guys to stand around, get killed in a riot.
Also playermodel (Maybe)

Here is the result:

And here the download:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183178671

I hope this is what you wanted. :slight_smile:

Edit: Video is now there. THX Sentry! :slight_smile:

Wow, this is just, jeez this is great. I am so glad you actually helped me.

If you send me a friend request again, maybe we could work together more?
I’m planning a machinima if you’re interested, but only if this kind of thing is too much work, I’d understand.
The work I’d need done is mostly this kind of stuff, though, so if it wasn’t too much work/you’re interested, just give me a heads-up and tell me so that I can know for sure.

Thanks again.

[editline]3rd October 2013[/editline]

…And hey, fancy running into you here!
Did you ever end up doing that Arctic Robber skin/npc?
I think you lost track of me, you stopped replying to my messages (I had changed my name a lot, sorry) and I was just kind of in the dark about the progress on it, but anyways, it’s me, that guy.

…And hey, fancy running into you here!
Did you ever end up doing that Arctic Robber skin/npc?
I think you lost track of me, you stopped replying to my messages (I had changed my name a lot, sorry) and I was just kind of in the dark about the progress on it, but anyways, it’s me, that guy.

double-posted. Oopsies

remove the s from https

Since we are on this topic, any of you guys who are browsing this thread wish to get involved in a machinima?
I’ll need a bit more help, I primarily want things like this http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/42815 put into Gmod as playermodels/npcs, I want the Ts to have more variety.
Hit me up on here/send me a steam request and message me if you’re up for some wacky shenanigans.