Cubemaps + Skybox fucked up after using pakrat

Hey,
I used pakrat, now I see stuff outside the skybox (I didn’t when I didn’t use Pakrat yet), and everything is glowing cause of Cubemaps.
Can I use a other program for that? Or will each program -****- mess these up?

Don’t use Pakrat, use VIDE’s pakfile majig.

[editline]06:47PM[/editline]

It might be because you haven’t packed in the skybox textures (will VIDE will) because pakrat doesn’t detect everything.

Can we get a screenie of the problem in game?

It’s now like this:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/4408/skybox1.jpg

[editline]07:56PM[/editline]

I’ve made a skybox, and OUTSIDE it, there is a other part of the map. There is no problem with like leaks, cause didn’t change shit.

[editline]07:59PM[/editline]

Btw, can you help me with Teamviewer if possible?

You should add an areaportal and a door to wherever the huge climb starts

Why? It worked fine and I’m not that pro. I just want to fix this shit, so, skybox + cubemap.
Can someone please help me with teamviewer? if possible with VIDE.

For the cubemaps, are you changing the map’s name in any way after you pakrat’d?

Yes, cause I don’t want to overwrite the maps name.

That’s the problem. I’ve read somewhere that when cubemaps are built and saved within the .bsp, it recognizes a certain .bsp file name of which it was built from. So changing a map’s name after you build the cubemaps causes the cubemap scripts to “not work”. Just overwrite the name; not much harm in it.

its an area portal issue, portal it off

Again, I’m no pro.
I don’t know how to use portals.
But why is it a portal issue? Cause, I didn’t use portals before I added those files with pakrat, and after I have a problem.

Don’t change the name of the map after you compile. Doing that messes with things.